Trusted Contributor

Would anyone like to share a homemade lemonade recipe?

This weekend was very summer like in NJ. And I just read online that the last of the Great Lakes ice has melted, so I guess summer has arrived all over! Would anyone like to share their favorite homemade lemonade recipe?

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Not applicable

Re: Would anyone like to share a homemade lemonade recipe?

For a 2 quart pitcher we use 4 lemons and one orange, sugar to your liking, chill or serve with ice for immediate use. I also like to use pieces of the lemon and orange rinds (washed , of course), to make it look pretty. Nothing like fresh lemonade! My brother and sister in law sent my parents tons of lemons and oranges from AZ a couple years ago. We were visiting (my parents in WI), at the time, my mom and I had a blast juicing all them out. She froze them in ice cube trays and as they froze we layered them in another container so they would be able to get out what they needed for their lemonade. Thank goodness brother & SIL sent a juicer too!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

How about orange lemonade for a refreshing change??

Orange Lemonade

1-3/4 cups sugar
2-1/2 cups water
1-1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
1-1/2 cups fresh orange juice (about 5 oranges)
2 Tbsp. grated lemon peel
2 Tbsp. grated orange peel
Fresh lemon and orange slices, optional

In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves. Cool.

Add juices and peel to cooled sugar syrup. Cover and let stand at room temperature one hour. Strain syrup, cover and refrigerate.

To serve, fill glasses or pitcher with equal amounts of fruit syrup and water. Add ice and serve. Yield: 12 servings.

Note: I usually get by with 9 lemons and 6 oranges to get the required juice. I add some slices of orange and lemon to the glasses with the ice cubes. And instead of adding water, we use equal amount of regular homemade iced tea and fruit syrup. We're big iced tea drinkers, so we prefer it that way. It's refreshing and delicious.

Trusted Contributor

My family always has this tasty lemonade drink for get togethers. We use the canned lemonade, but I don't see why you couldn't use a homemade recipe like the one above and replace the water with gingerale. All it is is one large can of pink lemonade and one 2-liter bottle of gingerale. It gives it a nice bubbly freshness that water doesn't provide.

Trusted Contributor

These sound great, thanks! I've mixed lemonade and orange juice together before, but never from scratch.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*