Valued Contributor

Has anyone used the newer version of these that are on the special today?  I bought them several years ago and had nothing but trouble with them.  Took 6 months to get them replaced and of the two new ones they sent one didn't work.  The CS was so bad I said I would never buy another product of his.  I did love the convenience of the grinders but don't want another headache if the newer ones are like the older ones.  The reviews are 3.9.

Valued Contributor

Re: Wolfgang Grinders

[ Edited ]

The price is CHEAP and I say you most likely won't get a really nice product that lasts, at that price.  However, I don't buy anything from him because he swears at times and has unsanitary kitchen habits.  I turn the channel when I see him.

Respected Contributor

No sale because it takes too many batteries to use it.  

Trusted Contributor

@customerqvc2 wrote:

The price is CHEAP and I say you most likely won't get a really nice product that lasts, at that price.  However, I don't buy anything from him because he swears at times and has unsanitary kitchen habits.  I turn the channel when I see him.

@customerqvc2 Did you hear him swear tonight? I think they need to do the shows on a little delay because he cursed, then the sound went out for a few seconds and came back on. Uh... I think it'd be more useful to have the sound out when he's cursing, not afterward! Woman Tongue

I love his mixing bowl set that's on sale for $35 with the silicone bottoms. Really good quality. Other than that, I'm Team Curtis!

Valued Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:

@customerqvc2 wrote:

@customerqvc2 Did you hear him swear tonight? I think they need to do the shows on a little delay because he cursed, then the sound went out for a few seconds and came back on. Uh... I think it'd be more useful to have the sound out when he's cursing, not afterward! Woman Tongue

I love his mixing bowl set that's on sale for $35 with the silicone bottoms. Really good quality. Other than that, I'm Team Curtis!

Some people have said he has "a few" before going onto the set.  I don't honestly know if this is the case or if he swears all the time--on or off the air.  I don't like it, so I turn the channel when I see him.

Trusted Contributor

@customerqvc2 wrote:

The other night he said “sh*t” on air when describing canned salt and pepper.  The show producer let that slip by,

And have you ever noticed WP picks his nose a lot, and uses his fingers to taste the food he’s prepared.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@customerqvc2 wrote:

The other night he said “sh*t” on air when describing canned salt and pepper.  The show producer let that slip by,

And have you ever noticed WP picks his nose a lot, and then uses his fingers to taste the food he’s prepared?   Nasty habit. Smiley Very Happy

Nevertheless, most of his products are very good, and good value.

Honored Contributor

I saw a little bit of a presentation a little while ago (as much as I could handle of him - so gross!) and, anyway, they don't seem to work that great.  You can see that if you pay attention when he's using it on the paper, or whatever that white surface was.

I also agree with somebody else about all those batteries.  Holy heck, that's a LOT of batteries per unit for something small like that!  Plus it lights up so I bet the combo of use and use of the light takes a lot of battery power.

Years ago, he made quality products but those days are gone.   I've seen a lot of reviews on some of his stuff like the blender they likened to Vitamix and the convection oven, both of which would smoke and, for some people, catch fire and damage their kitchen.  That's scary!

His SS pans used to be good quality but that changed a number of years ago.   I once needed another very large stock pot and went to hsn and purchased a WP one they had.   I've had SS pans of his in the past, so I knew THAT particular quality.  This one - it was garbage.   It was very cheap so I didn't bother to return it, and just threw it away.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

i love my kuhn rikon grinders...have had them for years!  i have arthritis in my hands and can still use these....and glad to hear i'm not the only one that can't tolerate his foul language and gross personal habits....why is he allowed to continue this behavior....unacceptable for a professional.....aren't any of the "higher ups" watching?!

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

i love my kuhn rikon grinders...have had them for years!  i have arthritis in my hands and can still use these....and glad to hear i'm not the only one that can't tolerate his foul language and gross personal habits....why is he allowed to continue this behavior....unacceptable for a professional.....aren't any of the "higher ups" watching?!

I think it's just the general notion that class and manners are obsolete now.  They also probably perceive him as their 'big star' without whom they would make so much less money, so they let him get away with being like that.