Trusted Contributor

A short time ago posted wine substitutions and I think the link. I don't remember this information and I'm hoping someone can help me here? I'm not a Wine drinker and do know you should use Wine you would drink. Can anyone please help me?

Trusted Contributor

Can someone help me here?

Honored Contributor

Hi Kitty!  Wow, you're very patient.  Smiley Wink    

Anyway, sorry no replies back when you posted this.  I don't drink wine so when I see a recipe with wine I keep going, as I don't want to buy a bottle just for a recipe and end up throwing the rest away.   (nothing against drinking in moderation - I just don't care for wine)

I just Googled 'wine substitutions' and a lot came up.  Here's the search - 

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4AVNF_enUS653US653&q=Wine+substituti...

HTH!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I just saw your post and I always use chicken/beef/vegetable stock/broth in place of wine in the recipe. Tastes fine all the time. I use the same amount as the recipe states and add extra if the dish looks like it needs it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Kitty, you ARE patient!

Like Freesa said, any broth or stock will work. Even water will work.

You are just adding flavor; not making a chemical reaction.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

Agree with the replies above. Chefs/cooks on Food TV state that if you don't want to use wine, substitute chicken or beef broth, depending on what you're cooking.