Occasional Contributor

Why does the special value have to be on In the Kitchen With David?

Since the Special Value is usually shown on Sundays 4-6 times, why do we have to be bored with it on ITKWD as well? They usually show it a couple of times for more than a half hour each time. This is ridiculous. If the product is food or something to do with the kitchen, then show it once and let it go, but if it doesn't have anything to do with the kitchen or food, then DON'T show it on David. Watching everything from vacuums, to electronics, to appliances on David is totally a waste of time. They have their own separate times, so give us more food and less of the other stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why does the special value have to be on In the Kitchen With David?

Perhaps it's time for a walk in the fresh air!

Honored Contributor

On 12/21/2014 fthunt said:

Perhaps it's time for a walk in the fresh air!

LOL. Getting worked up about Dyson. Have to agree though on the general point - TSV's are not usually a "special value," and they beat them to death on air.

Honored Contributor

You can clean up the mess you made in the kitchen.

Honored Contributor

They do it just to irritate some viewers.

Super Contributor

I've often thought the same thing as the OP. If I wanted a Bose or a Dyson I'd tune into those shows; seeing David hawk them isn't going to sway me.

Honored Contributor

Watch the last 15 seconds of the show when David annouces the # of new customers who shopped with QVC for the first time during his show.

THERE'S YOUR ANSWER.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

QVC makes a heck of a lot more money off the sale of a Dyson than they do from cookbooks, kitchen shears, or food prep gadgets sold by fake "chefs." Because they are in the business of making money, they are going to show their high-priced TSVs as much as possible. After all, their primary purpose is to earn a profit -- not entertain people who are, for the most part,. just watching television.

Respected Contributor

On 12/21/2014 VaBelle35 said:

Watch the last 15 seconds of the show when David annouces the # of new customers who shopped with QVC for the first time during his show.

THERE'S YOUR ANSWER.

I'm sure you're right. But did those thousands of people tune in for the first time during the ITKWKD show to see kitchen items or Dyson Vacuums? And will they tune in again next week to see what the TSV is???

Seems to me that QVC has an obligation to sell so many Dysons, Keurigs, Cannon Cameras, etc. If they don't sell their quota, will they lose the chance to handle the merchandise?

Honored Contributor

They probably do have quotas and David's Sunday show is the most watched show on all of QVC, which is why they added Wednesday night.

Why not feature your biggest item of the day on the highest rated show of the week.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN