Honored Contributor

For instance, the two Jeff's from The Kitchen.  What credentials do they have? Why are they experts on anything and everything? I don't care for either one of them.

Sometimes I think everyone knows something I don't know.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I watch The Kitchen.

I like both Jeff Mauro and Geoffrey Zakarian.  They are both chefs and, in fact, GZ is also an Iron Chef.   Jeff Mauro is a chef who won one year of 'New Food Network Star', FWIW.  Smiley Happy  He was the sandwich guy that year.  I guess they have another sandwich guy this year who is competing.  

The only one I cannot stomach on that show, however, is Sunny Anderson.  She has always been profoundly annoying to me.   I don't do well with screamy people who are always so me me me me me - FEED ME.  yikes!  hehe  

I haven't watched this week's episode yet, so I don't know what kind of other stuff they were expounding on, but I'll probably watch it some time this weekend.  

Super Contributor

They are self-proclaimed.  Jill touts herself as a "home lifestyle expert."  (What the heck is that and says who?) 

OP, why don't you decide to become an "expert" in something in which you have an interest and add it as a tag line.  Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

I've watched the show almost since it began and there has never been a 'Jill'.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Who ARE these experts?

[ Edited ]

@house_cat wrote:

For instance, the two Jeff's from The Kitchen.  What credentials do they have? Why are they experts on anything and everything? I don't care for either one of them.

Sometimes I think everyone knows something I don't know.

I think its a little like when Snooki declared herself suddenly to be a fashion expert.

You just wake up one morning, pile up your hair into a huge beehive, shove a Bedazzled cocktail stirrer into it and announce to the world that you're now their latest fashion expert.

I really think its as simple (and as annoying) as that. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I watch The Kitchen.

I like both Jeff Mauro and Geoffrey Zakarian.  They are both chefs and, in fact, GZ is also an Iron Chef.   Jeff Mauro is a chef who won one year of 'New Food Network Star', FWIW.  Smiley Happy  He was the sandwich guy that year.  I guess they have another sandwich guy this year who is competing.  

The only one I cannot stomach on that show, however, is Sunny Anderson.  She has always been profoundly annoying to me.   I don't do well with screamy people who are always so me me me me me - FEED ME.  yikes!  hehe  

I haven't watched this week's episode yet, so I don't know what kind of other stuff they were expounding on, but I'll probably watch it some time this weekend.  

Glad to hear I have company.  I thought I was the only person that couldn't take Sunny Anderson and every time I turn around there she is especially on Rachael Ray.  Yikes . . . 

Honored Contributor

@Heart of Spade wrote:

OP, why don't you decide to become an "expert" in something in which you have an interest and add it as a tag line.  Cat Wink

Okay... let me think about that.  I guess I have to narrow it down to one field of expertise?  Hmmm.  I'll get back to you!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Hey Chloe's Mom!  Yeah, I've always had a hard time stomaching Sunny Anderson.  If it wasn't that I like the rest of this show, I'd be out of there too.  I FF through as much of her as possible.  When she is a guest on another show I won't watch - her part, anyway.  Smiley Happy

She's just plain creepy on 'The Kitchen' always grabbing for the food, being screechy, and - omg, talk about people who think they are an expert in everything! 

Anyway, enough of my rant.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

House Cat - I'd just ignore that.  Smiley Wink  It's not worth your time.

Honored Contributor

Hey chickenbutt!  Normally I could pretty much care less about who's on but there is just something about her (especially when she is on in a group setting) that is just very hard to take.

I think she's also the only one that I have never downloaded one of her recipes.

Hope you, yours and your darling Ru are doing well my friend!  Heart