Regular Contributor

i've been with my company for 25+ years and get 7 weeks off.  In lieu of a raise, this year I'm getting another week off.

Trusted Contributor

@susankate

On vacation.

Contributor

Didn’t miss DV at all. Anyone can host these cooking shows (as demonstrated regularly) since they are constant repeats of the same products. Rather watch Curtis Stone. He has a friendly, natural demeanor as he demos his products, and doesn’t dance around or make goofy faces. 

I get that DV is a “home cook” and a “show host”, not a chef vendor; however, his schtick is past the expiration date. 

Valued Contributor

@Reever:  David has been at the Q for over 20 years.  The Q probably has a good benefit package for the employees, including vacation time that accomodates the amount of years one has been there.

I feel he is very deserving of multiple years.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I missed David today.  Turned the channel since he wasn't on air. 

Super Contributor

Why are you so negative? David is no different from no other, besides Curtis Stone use to be on the Q. I fine that he to demands attension even when he was on the food channel.David is just as friendly as anyone else, I have no problem watching him dance.,to each his own. He is good for that show,how would you like it if someone say that about you. We are all adults who should show some kindness to others.

Valued Contributor

@luvmybeetle

What is Down Home with David? I haven't heard of this and I watch DV all the time! TIA!

cookin

Esteemed Contributor

His vacation time isn't that excessive.  We start at 4 weeks and get 5 weeks after 20 years.  He may very well have 6 weeks or more.

I still can't believe that viewers get so bent out of shape when a host doesn't show up.

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle  That is David's new show which is on Thursday nights.  Mary filled in this past week.  

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:
This man was just off for the Christmas Holidays. He seems to be off a good 5 or 6 weeks a year. When I worked I only received 2 weeks off. And many people only get one week off.

So what's your point? I'm sure his time off is contractually agreed upon. I worked for the same company for 30 years and got 5 weeks off including sick time. I don't begrudge anyone their time off that has been agreed upon with their employer.