Respected Contributor

Re: Where do you store your tea bags?

I buy my tea from Amazon Subscribe and Save so I receive quite a large amount every two months.   Both my husband and I drink a cup of hot tea each morning and throughout the day I drink a lot of iced tea.  

I purchased a large tea box from Amazon with individual dividers for the bags.  I keep all of the extra bags in it and have a small canister from Peterboro Baskets made for tea bags on the counter for ease of getting a bag every morning.    When it's almost empty I just refill it from the tea box.

Honored Contributor

I bought a water boiler last year and love that to pieces!  My husband thinks it is wonderful too!  We can make tea, hot or iced, any time, get hot water to mix something us, or start pasta water fast, etc.  It's a retirement treat. 

So most of my tea is now in the laundry room in a cabinet over the water boiler, along with a few cups and a couple of small pots.

The some I use often is on the counter there in tins.  I have ForLife cups with filters and lids and they are wonderful for loose tea. 

Respected Contributor

A ceramic rectangular jar with a gasket for a tight seal.  It was a christmas gift with coco mix in it and a couple of tiny cups.  Don't recall what happened to the cups but I've used that jar for decades.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I bought a water boiler last year and love that to pieces!  My husband thinks it is wonderful too!  We can make tea, hot or iced, any time, get hot water to mix something us, or start pasta water fast, etc.  It's a retirement treat. 

So most of my tea is now in the laundry room in a cabinet over the water boiler, along with a few cups and a couple of small pots.

The some I use often is on the counter there in tins.  I have ForLife cups with filters and lids and they are wonderful for loose tea. 

@Sooner 

What exactly do you mean by "water boiler"? I have an electric kettle, is that the same thing?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

What exactly do you mean by "water boiler"? I have an electric kettle, is that the same thing?

@house_cat No a water boiler keeps the temperature at between 160 and boiling (usually has about 4 temperature selections) while on and will raise the temperature or reboil the water for you.  

So it is well insulated and keeps the water hot all day--you have instant access to hot water for many uses.  We have had one for over a year now and use it a lot.  Amazon has lots of them.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@house_cat wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

@house_cat No a water boiler keeps the temperature at between 160 and boiling (usually has about 4 temperature selections) while on and will raise the temperature or reboil the water for you.  

So it is well insulated and keeps the water hot all day--you have instant access to hot water for many uses.  We have had one for over a year now and use it a lot.  Amazon has lots of them.  

@Sooner  We used to have a Koehler instant hot water dispenser. Is that what you have?

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ No, we had one two a few houses ago!  LOL!!!!

This is a small tank, about the size of a coffee maker, that sits on the counter.  It keeps water hot and you can adjust temperature from 160 to 212, I think it has four temps to set.  

It has a timer, and we refill it every night.  But that way, we have water for hot and iced tea all day, or other uses. We use it a lot.

Amazon has them--lots of models and price ranges.  My husband said he thought it was silly until he found out we use it so much. 

Honored Contributor

All crammed in one of my canisters. I very rarely drink hot tea. 

"Pure Michigan"