Esteemed Contributor

When You Crave A Certain Dish.

Yesterday morning I got the worst urge for Garlic Chicken from our favorite Chinese restaurant. Thought about it all day.

The problem is the place is 30 miles away and my daughter usually stops on her way home from work, she has been working from home. Even I won't drive 60 miles round trip for food.

Then, last evening DD's boss called,   when she got off the phone she said the magic words, "Pete wants me to go into the office Monday just for the one day."  My response was "Oh my God, Garlic Chicken."  She laughed and announced there is something wrong with me.  Yep, I need Garlic Chicken.

I have to wait until tomorrow night but it's okay. It's stupid, I know, but it got in my head and it's all I want.

Do you ever get a certain thing in your head and nothing else will do?

PS.  I usually get a large container and save some for breakfast the next day. Yes, it's that good.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: When You Crave A Certain Dish.

it was McDonald's for me.

Friday a quarter pounder with cheese.

this morning bacon, egg and cheese bisquit and medium coffee.

I should be good for quite a while now

Enjoy your Garlic Chicken @CrazyKittyLvr2 

Honored Contributor

Yes!  I know exactly what you mean.  Living in the city has its advantages, when it comes to food cravings/urges.

Mostly - t's for pizza, and fortunately, the Deli is just around the corner - less than five minutes away.  If the pizza guy seems me coming - all I have to do is raise two fingers - not say a word.

Sometimes - it's a knish - that's a whole block away!  

Esteemed Contributor

Spoiler

@Mary Bailey  lol.  Thanks, I will.  Don't know what got into me.  Can't be pregancy craving, my eggs are fossils.

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA  As much as I yip about living in East Begeeus with nothing nearby, I would be in trouble with anything I want within walking distance.

Trusted Contributor

When do I crave a dish?  Seems it's Always when I don't have on hand the ingredients to make it! Or, as in your case, it's just too far for that one special thing.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   LOL  me too!  exactly

Trusted Contributor

last friday, i craved chinese too and ordered mixed veggies in garlic sauce. steamed dumplings for apps. it was so good. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I understand craving some of the foods that we cannot get right now.  If I crave something, I generally can make my own, which is why I had garlic shrimp scampi for dinner last night.  What I do miss is eating breakfast out at our local farmers market.  Luckily, my only other craving has been chipotle shrimp at our local Mexican place, and they are just a few miles away.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Let us know if it still tastes as good as you remember!  Enjoy!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Oh, I fee your pain. Chinese food is hard to replicate at home. You can come close, but it is never quite the same.🥡🥢🥡

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan