Here's an easy recipe for Garlic Chicken that we like:

2 lbs cubed boneless, skinless chicken breast

3/4 cup chicken broth

2 tbsp minced garlic

2 tbsp honey

2 tbsp soy sauce

1 tsp cornstarch

1 tbsp olive oil

Whisk broth, garlic, honey, soy sauce, and cornstarch in dish.

Heat olive oil in skillet until very hot.

Fry chicken in single layer until golden.  Flip cubes to brown on other side.

Stir in rewhisked sauce and bring to simmer.  Cook until sauce is slightly thickened and chicken is cooked through, 2-3 minutes. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: When You Crave A Certain Dish.

@Mary Bailey - I completely understand.  About 2-3 times a year I get a craving for a McDonalds Big Mac and nothing else will do.

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Yes!  I know exactly what you mean.  Living in the city has its advantages, when it comes to food cravings/urges.

Mostly - t's for pizza, and fortunately, the Deli is just around the corner - less than five minutes away.  If the pizza guy seems me coming - all I have to do is raise two fingers - not say a word.

Sometimes - it's a knish - that's a whole block away!  

I grew up in NYC - and remember knishes. Potato with fried onion was my favorite.

Living in California - no one knows what a knish is - and they don't know what tasty bagels and bialies are. They also have no clue how to make yummy pizzas. Costco makes the best ones.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:
Spoiler

@Mary Bailey  lol.  Thanks, I will.  Don't know what got into me.  Can't be pregancy craving, my eggs are fossils.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I can't stop laughing!!! 🤣🤣🤣

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Whatever food I’m craving, I just need to eat, as absolutely nothing else will take away that desire.   

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Yesterday morning I got the worst urge for Garlic Chicken from our favorite Chinese restaurant. Thought about it all day.

The problem is the place is 30 miles away and my daughter usually stops on her way home from work, she has been working from home. Even I won't drive 60 miles round trip for food.

Then, last evening DD's boss called,   when she got off the phone she said the magic words, "Pete wants me to go into the office Monday just for the one day."  My response was "Oh my God, Garlic Chicken."  She laughed and announced there is something wrong with me.  Yep, I need Garlic Chicken.

I have to wait until tomorrow night but it's okay. It's stupid, I know, but it got in my head and it's all I want.

Do you ever get a certain thing in your head and nothing else will do?

PS.  I usually get a large container and save some for breakfast the next day. Yes, it's that good.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 , I read that DD came home and put your dinner on the kitchen counter. Then she had to have a play session with Petunia, of course. But did she bring you the garlic chicken, and did it live up to your memory of it?

Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann  LOL.  Yes, I got my coveted Garlic Chicken.  It was wonderful as always.

I saved some for breakfast this morning.  I know, I know.  My Mother would be aghast at my breakfast today.

Respected Contributor

the stomach wants what the stomach wants ! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I love potato dishes---scalloped, mashed, salad, cheesy, hash browns, baked and stuffed----all sorts of them but......huge sigh.....too many carbs for me and I can't be trusted NOT to devour many helpingsWoman Tongue

Trusted Contributor

@kivah - Where are you in California?  I'm in So. Cal and have found knishes the jewish deli.  I'm originally from New Jersey so I'm familiar with knishes, good bagels and bialys.  Even though it is not at all heart healthy I always loved kishka.  Only found that on the menu at a jewish deli.  Good luck.