Respected Contributor

When Will The Kitchen (Food Network) Get Back to Normal?

[ Edited ]

I watched a few of The Kitchen's older shows this week in the morning. I really like when they have a live audience and guest chefs. Also really liked Marcela- I wish she never would have left the show.

I don't like the newer ones where they're sitting far apart from each other (Covid), no audience, no guests, and Alex G. is a host now.

I like Alex, but I feel like she doesn't fit with this particular show, especially after watching her on Chopped with her smug, unkind attitude.

I feel like with things getting back to normal, they should too.

Honored Contributor

Re: When Will The Kitchen (Food Network) Get Back to Normal?

@Ladybug724  Are you talking about the Kitchen on commercial Food Network or the streaming service (which you pay for?)  The regular network version will continue to show reruns. All of their shows.  Only the new streaming version will get new shows.

Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 Eons ago when I first started watching Chopped (still do) I actually liked Alex G. Over the years she got so rude, nasty and condescending that I just can barely watch Chopped when she's on.

I usually like the Kitchen but don't watch it often because of her. And Geoffrey is running a close second on The Kitchen.

Respected Contributor

Normal? I don't think anything will ever be normal. Back to the way they were? Probably when we get a handle on a pandemic.

Honored Contributor

I just don't care for Alex in any show she's on.  I find her rude, among other things.  But as to The Kitchen, I can't say that I like any of the current group.

Honored Contributor

I agree with Etoile308.  I think the shows that are airing now were recorded last spring when places were beginning to reopen.  I wouldn't be surprised if they return to filming from home, in light of the new upsurge in cases.

I don't miss Marcela and was happy with just the four of them.  Alex is clearly knowlegeable, and while she's not necessary, I don't mind her.

What I don't understand is why they can't share the foods with one another - separate plates and utensils, of course.  How is that unsanitary?  I think having the ladies with their long hair hanging in front of them while they cook is certainly more unsanitary than sharing food.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Ladybug724  Are you talking about the Kitchen on commercial Food Network or the streaming service (which you pay for?)  The regular network version will continue to show reruns. All of their shows.  Only the new streaming version will get new shows.

@songbird I'm talking about the Food Network channel, not a streaming service. They are making new episodes, they're on every Saturday morning. The reruns are during the week in the morning.

I just meant, when will they get back to the way they used to film it, with a live audience, they tasted each other's dishes, they had guest chefs- there was such a fun vibe to the show that no longer exitsts. I miss it.

Honored Contributor

Maybe when (if) COVID is just a memory? 

Honored Contributor

The way we were is never coming back.  It's a new world.  Malls, tv shows, shopping, eating, socializing--nothing will ever be like it was.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

The way we were is never coming back.  It's a new world.  Malls, tv shows, shopping, eating, socializing--nothing will ever be like it was.  

@Sooner  The only thing different around here are the tv shows. Well, tv in general. It seems cable is useless and you have to stream, etc,etc.  As far as the rest go, they are all the same as they ever were.