Honored Contributor

Re: Whats everyone cooking for this month of october 2022?

Bacon, sausage, eggs, hash browns, biscuits and apple butter for us tonight.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have an old cookbook of Mary Beth's and it has the best chili I have ever tasted......

it has a lot of different ingredients and that is why I use it....nothing else in the cookbook.

So for dinner I had Chili, rice and Oreos 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

33 degrees here in southern WV, and our supper will be chicken and dumplings.  

I already have the chicken cooking in the instant pot, and it will reduce pressure while we go to a VA appt.  Dumplings will be made once we get back.  

P.S.   It is snowing here; intermittent heavy, wet flakes, the kind that will accumulate if it continues!   Normally for this time of year, we might see light flurries; that just make it official that it snowed.  The real cold and snow showers hit us around Halloween; kids need coats when trick or treating, and we have to bundle up to watch the Veterans Parade or watch from our cars.   This taste of winter is early!

Respected Contributor

BLT sandwiches, veggie soup and apple crisp with whip topping (left over from yesterday's dessert).

The weather is almost winter like, cold winds and temps in the 30's. Eating warm foods helps!
Honored Contributor

We were away from home, and not cooking, for about 9-10 days.  I did a lot of keto baking, to take with us, and I confess I overdid it.  I ate "legally, but too much.  Now that we're home, I'm back on track. 

Yesterday, I had an appointment at 1:00, an hour away, so I made us omelettes before I left.  

Today's lunch:

Sirloin Steak

Sauteed Mushrooms

Steamed Fresh French Green Beans

Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding

Valued Contributor

@MOMMAVik wrote:
BLT sandwiches, veggie soup and apple crisp with whip topping (left over from yesterday's dessert).

The weather is almost winter like, cold winds and temps in the 30's. Eating warm foods helps!

I love BLT sandwiches .....I love veggie soup.....I love apple crisp....What time should 

I be there for dinner ?

Valued Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

33 degrees here in southern WV, and our supper will be chicken and dumplings.  

I already have the chicken cooking in the instant pot, and it will reduce pressure while we go to a VA appt.  Dumplings will be made once we get back.  

I have never had chicken and dumplings and I don't have an instant pot !

Hope everything goes well at the VA appt. 

Esteemed Contributor

Chicken schnitzel, red saurkraut and potato pancakes (from mashed potatoes). I had a hankering for German food.

I used to be able to get my fix when I traveled down to the Portland area for work. One of my favorite restaurants was a German place (Gustav's) just off the interstate. Dang their schnitzel was good. They are now closed. Sigh.

Made brownies bites for my grandbabies and kept a few for us to eat. I should have made more. Smiley Happy 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

@Danky2, C'mon over! I'll set a place for you at the table. Dress warm, it is very cold here & windy ❄️
Respected Contributor

@kate2357, That meal sounds delicious & would go great here tonight! Enjoy your dinner!