Respected Contributor

Whats everyone cooking for this month of october 2022?

Good evening everyone I'm starting October just a little bit early. The fall season is here and its awesome.  Its much cooler now and my wife started decorating for Halloween at the last week of August. This is the first year we have Halloween tree's and there is 6 of them. This week I made a big pan of pasta primavera and a pizza made fresh twice this weeks plus a batch of oatmeal apple raisin walnut cookies.hope you all have a great month and you all cook and eat well.

Super Contributor

Re: Whats everyone cooking for this month of october 2022?

We are still very warm here in the NW  and dry.  But, pumpkin bread and crockpot roast  beef to make Philly Steak sanwiches for football on Sunday!  I love the fall.  Oh, and acorn squash baked. 

Honored Contributor

It was chilly today and I made red sauce with turkey Italian sausage and served it over rigatoni with a green salad. 😋

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Fall came pretty quickly here in SW PA. One day it was 86 degrees and the next day it was 62. That day, last week, I made a pot of chicken soup. On Wednesday this week I made beef stew. Not sure what I'll cook next. I think a roast on Sunday. Tomorrow, leftovers.

Honored Contributor

With two of us, we often eat the same thing two days in a row. I did some menu planning so I know chili and pizza will appear on the dinner table in early October. Baked oatmeal (apple & walnut) will be our breakfast for a few days.

Honored Contributor

Snoopy Happy First Day Of October

Honored Contributor

Making apple cider pork chops, mashed potatoes, and creamed corn.

Esteemed Contributor

Tonight is stuffed pork chops but not sure yet of sides. 

DD was at Aldis a couple days ago and evidently October is when they have a lot of special German items.  She came home with an almond cake with a cream filling. It is frozen just thaw for 3 hours.

A small piece of the cake and coffee while we play Uno tonight.

Honored Contributor

Takeout from Outback for us tonight to celebrate a birthday a few days early.   

Esteemed Contributor

Leftover chicken soup with biscuits. Dessert is an apple cream cake w/ cinnamon crumble my neighbor brought over. We have already sampled and it is delicious!

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."