Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whats cooking this month of march?

Chicken schnitzel, red sauerkraut and potato pancakes will be our dinner. Made lemon bars last night and will enjoy for dessert, assuming they are not all gobbled up earlier in the day.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

In keeping with my "clean out the freezer" meals this week, I made a hybrid meal of stuffed peppers and enchiladas.

Last time I made enchiladas I had a lot of the chicken filling left over, so I froze it. Tonight I cut bell peppers in half, filled them with the chicken, rice and beans and topped it with homemade enchilada sauce.  It was one of the best things I've made in a long time.  Go figure!

I also made homemade garlic knots.

@MOMMAVik 

I'm in your DH's camp... I love tater tots and my husband doesn't like them!

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Tonight we had chicken fajitas with a small lettuce, tomato and avocado salad. I picked up some delicious strawberries & chopped them up with some blueberries & bananas for dessert.

@house_cat, Your stuffed peppers sound really good. I am going to make that sometime. Those tater tots can be addicting around here!
Super Contributor

Tonight we had grilled chicken and a salad w/ lettuce, tomato, red onion , cucumber, croutons

ninjawife I hope you and your family have a fun , safe trip
I can’t wait to hear about the trip and the good food you’ve ate
Esteemed Contributor

I also find fried in oil tater tots addicting. Lately my dh is asking for french fries or tater tots for lunch and since he needs to gain weight I try to make them a few times a week. I have to do a quality control check, you know, just to make sure they have enough salt and are cooked correctly. Smiley Happy
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I didn't think I was working today, but I got a call to go in at 11:30 for a half day.  I have PT after work so I made a chicken pot pie this morning for DH to put into the oven. I had leftover rotisserie chicken in the freezer, already cut up, so I made quick work of it.

I used to top my pot pies with crescent rolls, but lately I've been finding that Pillsbury makes them in a flat sheet with no perforations... easy and delicious.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

DH said he'd walk with me yesterday.  Unintentionally, I picked up my pace and he was the one who had to keep up, which was kinda funny because he's always been the athletic one (he's run the Chicago Marathon a few times).  I was sore and stiff during the afternoon and evening.  He said he'd go again today.  I'm happy to walk with him but it does change my preferred schedule.  

Later this afternoon, once he's done working, we're going to run out for a few errands.  I need a few groceries for my Easter dishes that I overlooked. We'll go back out next week for regular stuff.  

Lunch today:

Leftover Chicken Florentine

Steamed Frozen Broccoli 

Aldi Simply Nature Coconut Clusters (small amount) and a few Lily's SF Chocolate Chips

Honored Contributor

A simple hamburger and potato chips for us tonight.  

Super Contributor

Lasanga, salad and garlic breadsticks.  Since lasanga isn't one of DH's meal he will eat leftovers my daughter will come tomorrow to take what is left.   Which is a lot.  

Today was beautiful and suppose to warm up so I'm happy for that.
Have a good evening everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Simple!  Chicken and Rice from leftover MOJO chicken and buttered carrots!