Honored Contributor

Re: Whats cooking in this month of october?

Monday--meatloaf

Tuesday--baked ziti

Wednesday--beef chili

Thursday--potato-leek soup

Friday--spaghetti & meatballs

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Boring to some, but I'm actually looking forward to it.  We're leaving next Saturday and will be gone several days, so I want to make do with what's in the the fridge and use up the veggies I have on hand.  Then I'll shop when we get back.  My lasagna recipe makes 8 servings so we'll be eating that several days this week and just changing up the veggies between brussel sprouts, asparagus, green beans, and tossed tossed salad.

Sun. - colorful tossed salad with grilled chicken

Mon. - lasagna, asparagus 

Tues. - lasagna, brussel sprouts 

Wed. - lasagna, tossed salad

Thurs.- eating out with family

Fri. - lasagna, green beans

Trusted Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

Good evening everyone and Winifred its great to see you on here. Well my wife Maria will be going in for brain surgery on the 12 th of this month. For lunch we ate with my mil . she made white spaghetti and clams and broccoli rabe, pizza, steak with mushrooms, artichokes from the garden, baked cauliflower , grapes and strawberry cake and tonight we had caramel apples cut up and a peice of chocolate cake. Tomorrow Ria is making children and rice soup.enough for a few days and Tuesday she's making chicken fried steak , mashed potatos and corn on the cob from the freezer. Hope you all have a great week and you all eat well.

I just sent up a prayer request for your wife's surgery to be completely successful under the guidance of the Master Healer and Doctor.  Also praying that you and Maria's mom will  be comforted by God as you go through this ordeal and await the outcome.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1  Prayers sent for you Maria and family for her surgery today. We are thinking of you. Take care.

Respected Contributor

• Good evening everyone. This past week not much cooking got done.Monday Ria made ham and cheese and spinach and pepperoni calzones. Ria had brain surgery that's called charity malformation. Surgery went well .she woke up in alot pain and vomiting  for 17 hours then it finally stopped. Her surgeon told her upfront to expect that.its normal. She came home yesterday morning. Her mom cooked white linguine and clams.shrimp, string bean potato salad and she had fresh figs from right off her friends tree. And today her mom cooked. Escorole and beans , French fries , broccoli rob, and leftovers from Yestauday. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Honored Contributor

The high temp in my area of WV was 52 today, and breezy.   

I decided it was a perfect day for soup, so I turned my leftover pork roast and gravy, fried potatoes, and cooked carrots into pork stew, along with onions, celery, diced tomatoes, and cumin.   Everyone here has had 2 bowls, so it was a hit.   

And now my fridge looks empty!   

@Pooky1 

So glad Maria is home and doing well!  Continued best wishes for her.   

Honored Contributor

The lasagna was pretty good, even if I do say so myself.  We are away from home for the next several days so I won't be doing any cooking, but I'm still keepin' it keto.  We brought a few supplies with us but know how to make appropriate choices from what's available.  We're excited about seeing a number of friends who we haven't seen for two years, some longer than that. It's gonna be a great time!

Honored Contributor

Pulled pork sandwiches today with slaw, and am using the air fryer to make homemade potato chips.   

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon everyone. Nice and in the 70s today.  Nice and breezy out today. This week I cooked meat for tacos for 3 nights. And fried chicken cutlets, stuffing and carrots. That's for 2 nights.but I'm making it on the night were eating. The other day I made brownies with walnuts and I frosted them. And I made pretzels. There great in the air fryer for a few minutes. They come out like fresh baked. Winifred we miss seeing you on this thread and there not getting rid of this blog. Ria is still recovering from brain surgery. Its been 10 days. I have updates on her surgery on the wellness thread. Hope everyone is doing well.

Honored Contributor

We had the best time ever on our trip.  We returned home Thursday afternoon, stopping on the way for our produce for the week. I haven't cooked a meal yet, other than boiling eggs and roasting some veggies.  Oh, I made up this weeks supply of chia pudding too.  We've just kinda picked out of the fridge for meals since we've both been kinda tired.  Friday night we had dinner at our friend's house, yesterday we ate out with one of our kids.  Now it's time to get back in the swing of things.  

We have to make a Costco run this afternoon so I decided to make dinner for lunch today.  We are having:

Smashburgers with cheese, bacon, grilled onion, tomato, lettuce.  I'm going to try wrapping them in a Crepini wrap, to keep everything together.  Hopefully it works.🤞

Oven-roasted asparagus.  I've been roasting our veggies with ghee lately and really like the way they come out.