Honored Contributor

Re: Whats cooking for this month of july?

By request, pork cube steak, biscuits and gravy, and sliced yellow tomatoes for us tonight.  

Respected Contributor

Grilled chicken to top on salad with sliced cheese, cukes, tomatoes & any stray veggies I find in the fridge. Trying to tame down after the past few days of heavy eating!
Valued Contributor

Stopped for Pizza on the way home. Thankfully I'm off tomorrow to catch up on sleep. Neighbors have been doing fireworks till after midnight. 
@ninjawife I hope you feel better.  
Have a good evening everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Similar meal as @MOMMAVik

Made a chicken salad with grilled chicken, celery, onions, cashews, grapes, apples and Best Food mayo. Will serve over bibb lettuce leaves. Grilled Naan bread as a side.

Strawberry shortcake made with local strawberries for dh's dessert. I may have to have a quality control bite or two, just to make sure I only serve the best. Smiley Happy
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor

@ninjawife I hope you’re feeling better today
Another miserable hot day today we stayed in the pool a lot today for supper we had tomato sandwiches w/ chips
Respected Contributor

grazed with a meat/cheese tray with some spicy mustard and  some crackers/grapes.  We had popsicles for dessert.

@ninjawife   Feel better.  @2sisters  Get some rest tomorrow.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shihtzursqmom 

I love tomato sandwiches. Mmmm. Sliced tomatoes, topped with salt, black pepper and a bit of red pepper flakes, with mayo. Any fresh bread will do.

When Jack and I first started dating, he was appalled at my sandwiches. I would have onion sandwiches (walla walla sweet onions, butter and mayo,  covered in salt and pepper) on white bread and sliced dill pickle sandwiches with mayo on white bread. He thought I was nuts.

Then he found out my dad was the king of crazy sandwiches. One of my dad's favorite sandwiches was pork and beans and potato salad. All of that squished onto white bread. Hahaha.

Still amazes me that after finding out I descended from weirdos...Jack still wanted to marry me!

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

We ended up passing on the outlet mall yesterday and decided we'd go up there after church today since it's much nicer outdoors.  I want to go to go to the VB outlet store  a few travel accessories.  Fingers crossed.  We always have to hit Old Navy and a few other shops when we're there too.  They have a Maurice's.  When I lost my weight, it was the first B&M store I actually went into and bought off the rack from the missy section and not the fatties section.  I've also been able to get tall jeans there. Our oldest doesn't live too far from there so he's going to meet us and we'll get lunch together.  Right now, my vote is Mexican.  I usually get steak fajitas, no rice or beans, and I bring my own tortillas.  When I forget the tortillas I just eat everything with a fork.  We've never been to the particular restaurant I suggested so we'll see.  DS says he knows about it, where it is, but has never been there either. He said it's a little hole in the wall.  For Mexican food that's oftentimes the best.  That happened a couple of weeks ago and the food was fantastic.  We'll see. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We will have sloppy joes, crinkle fries and fresh fruit.  

@kate2357  Growing up a neighbor friend always ate peanut butter, cheese and pickle sandwiches.  We couldn't believe she liked this.  I tried it grilled once, it actually wasn't bad.  

Respected Contributor

Oldest DD and her dog are coming today to stay for a week.  DD, her dog and some friends stayed at our beach house over the holiday weekend and she and her dog are coming from there.  DD is going to two concerts with her younger sister while she is here which is why she is staying for the week.  We can't wait to see our granddog.  Can't say the same for the cat. 

We are getting take out from the Italian restaurant across the road.