Honored Contributor

Re: What's cooking in this month of August?

We ended up with unplanned, short notice company yesterday.  When we pinch hit, ordering pizza is usually our go to and I'll make a salad to go with it.   DH and I don't eat the crust, we just scrape off the toppings.  We have a new pizza place i our town.  When I looked them up online, I was happy to see they offer crustless pizza - essentially sauce, cheese, and selected toppings baked in a foil pan.  That's what we chose for ourselves.  It wasn't the greatest, flavor wise, but just nice that there's a keto option out there.  

Lunch today will be:

* 2 hard boiled eggs 

* My go to salad (romaine, spring mix, spinach, cukes, mini peppers, tomato, Kalamata olives, bleu cheese crumbles) - I think I'll have bleu cheese dressing today. 

Dinner will be:

* Keto Chili that I made the other day, topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, and avocado 

* Keto cornbread muffins

Honored Contributor

Another easy day here.  

Lunch:

2 eggs (have decided how I'll prepare them) with everything bagel seasoning 

Roasted brussel sprouts

Blueberries

Cold brew iced latte

Dinner:

Finishing the last of the keto chili

2 Keto cornbread muffins 

Honored Contributor

Today's menu...

Lunch:

Bacon

Eggs

Half of an avocado 

Roasted brussel sprouts 

Cold brew caramel iced latte

Dinner:

Chicken Bacon Broccoli Ranch Casserole

Roasted asparagus 

Honored Contributor

I ordered Cracker Barrel meals for the 3 of us, and Mom.   Not one single meal was right; I wanted the sampler meal, so ready for that meatloaf and dumplings, but only got a tiny piece of country ham!   I am very disappointed!   

I did call the restaurant and spoke with a manager, who will give me a replacement meal.   I am thankful this restaurant is open, it has the staffing to have regular hours, it is staying busy, and I will order from them again, but darn I really wanted the meatloaf and the dumplings!    

Respected Contributor

Good evening everyone. Redtop .that totally sucks when you order food and order is wrong. We have had that happen many times.and the mistake is usually with my wife's food. Super hot and extremely humid out. Temps in the 90s and feel like temps of 103.  I'm So ready for cool crisp fall temps.  This week I made a big pan of homemade Swedish  meatballs and noodles with gravy and Tuesday and tonight I made a chicken bacon ranch pizza.  With rias new meds she can't eat anything with tomatoes or tomato sauce. Plus some other things. Meds make some food have a lousy taste.and I made a lemonchello cake with fresh blackberries on top of it baked into it. All came out really good. Ria has been working but not feeling good so I have been doing the cooking. So when she gets home meals are done. She meets with the nerosergeon next Friday and we will see when she goes in for brain surgery. Hope everyone has a good week and everyone eats well and stays cool and Winifred were still thinking of you and sending you well wishes and prayers for you to be well.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here is the menu I've planned for the coming week. It was a carry-over, so I had the Panzanella, my all-time favorite meal, this evening.  I made too much, but ate enjoyed every bite.  

Panzanella
Enchilada Bake, a new recipe (old Weight Watchers') to try
Taco/nacho salad

Edited to add a link.
Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@Pooky1,
Bless you & Maria ... I wish Maria a full & easy return to good health soon. You are nourishing both of you & staying strong. Your cake sounds scrumptious!
Respected Contributor

Went out for fish fry at the best kept secret place in town ... a small family owned restaurant that we have gone to for years. Still hard for them during these times to stay open but the community is really supportive. Along with salad (or you could choose soup), your choice of potatoes, coleslaw, bread basket & scoop of ice cream, sherbet or tapioca pudding, it is excellent! We took our hash browns home (we were stuffed!) & I warmed them up with some sliced onions with our eggs for breakfast today.

Planning on stir fry chicken with veggies, pineapple & rice for dinner tonite. Everyone enjoy a peaceful & hopefully cooler, less rainy weekend!

Reaching out to @Winifred hoping you are doing well 🌺
Respected Contributor

1. Good afternoon everyone. Sunny in the 80s  and no humidity. Finally. We had dinner with Anna Yestauday and today. We always due on theee weekend. Yestauday she made boneless pork with pickled peppers.picked peppers give the pork a great flavor and sometimes she will put pickled artichokes with chicken. She allso made French fries at, broccoli rob, and today she made a roast,  and string bean salad, fried artichokes, stuffed mushrooms, salad, fried chicken cutlets , chicken tenders marinaded with Caesar dressing, meatballs, Swiss chard pies, broccoli and cauliflower steamed , Italian bread and sharp provolone. Today Anna's son and her grandchildren came over and there all very fussy so she makes a lot of stuff. When its Anna, Ria and me we are nor really fussy. I eat most everything. Hope you all have a great week and Winifred were all thinking about you and hoping your doing well.
Respected Contributor

Haven't been here in a spell - not feeling really great. The heat has also been so miserable. Sure became a royal pain to get old and not well at the same time.

Haven't done a lot of basic cooking but still manage to have my cinnamon and raisin bagels in the morning with cream cheese. Mercy me, some things never change.

Lawns look horrible but so do most everyone elses. Heat and lack of water are not a good combo. Am so embarrassed about my once beautiful lawns. Cannot do anything about it however. I follow the water restrictions, a lot do but sadly many do not. 

I did fix some fried cabbage the other night and it was really good.  Do not know what is happening in everyone's area but out here in Sou Cal just to go to the grocery store and buy basics has become a royal nightmare. Prices have skyrocketed and shelves are still somewhat empty and so many things you really have to drive all over to find. Nuisance for sure.

Hope all are well.