Honored Contributor

Re: What's On Your Relish Tray?

Wow, I read every post and no one uses pepperoni or salami???

We always had Relish Trays.  (Italian background)

cheese cubes of several cheeses

pepperoni, salami, sopresseta....

crackers

celery

carrots

olives of all kinds

those small round peppers stuffed with ham and cheese

Now they have given a simple relish tray a BIG fancy name and act like this generation invented it!   LOLOL

Honored Contributor

the relish trays were my fave growing up--had the tiny sweet pickles and olives, black and green and maybe the tiny dill pickles too and maybe even the tiny corn----not much more than that tho. the cranberry sauce from the can, was on a separate dish--never ate that--yuck!!!

Trusted Contributor

I do a simple relish tray, and make sure there are tiny "fish forks" or tiny tongs for each of the different tiny foods (olives, stuffed celery pieces, bite-sized pickles, small carrot sticks).

-Solar Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

the relish trays were my fave growing up--had the tiny sweet pickles and olives, black and green and maybe the tiny dill pickles too and maybe even the tiny corn----not much more than that tho. the cranberry sauce from the can, was on a separate dish--never ate that--yuck!!!

The jelly one @wagirl ????

No offense to anyone including my DH and DIL, but ewwww!  Is that even a real food substance?

I buy a can every year and they gobble it up.

Def not on my relish trays though.....

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife ---yes, the jelly kind------it was in it's own bowl----

Esteemed Contributor

When I've taken one for a cookout or at Thanksgiving or Christmas, I normally just have veggies and dip as I like to have fresh vegetables  in addition to all the other things that are heavy and not always as healthy.  I do celery, carrots, grape tomatoes, cucumbers and sometimes radishes and green peppers.  Occasionally, I'll add sweet pickles, olives and cheese cubes.  Kids especially seem to like to nibble on things like this whenever I've brought one.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown