Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's Cooking this September 2020?

@RedTop  Didn't cook tonight, either. Have company so we got take out from the local steakhouse.

Weather is cooling here so I'm beginning to think long term pantry/freezer stockup. First will likely be some pumpkin bread and biscuits for the freezer. I found yeast so that's plus for bread baking.

Waiting for the apple orchard to signal they have MacIntosh available.

Honored Contributor

Chopped sirloin with brown gravy, rice, salad, corn, and rolls. Cherry pie for dessert.
Contributor

7 can soup....recipe from Pioneer Woman!

Respected Contributor

Have not been cooking late evening due to extreme heat and fear of rolling blackouts. Yep, it has been miserable out here in Sou Cal. Did heat up in the microwave, however some collards I cooked early Saturday morning - cooked a ton of them - and had macaroni salad with it. Very good.

Stay cool everyone.

Honored Contributor

Burritos for us tonight.   Quick, easy, and very little cleanup to the kitchen.   Beautiful day here in WV; sunny and 75.   

Respected Contributor

I'm in heaven!! Finally some cool temps & no a/c needed! Temp is 58°& raining all day. That means time to cook a cozy dinner. Popped a meatloaf in & will have scratch-made mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. Fresh from the garden tomatoes & cukes. For dessert, apple crisp & ice cream. Love fall weather as I never run out of ideas of what to cook! Have a wonderful evening all!
Honored Contributor

Chicken fried steak, white gravy, mashed potatoes, fresh green beans and biscuits.   

Respected Contributor

Had a Philly Cheese sandwich and Fries for dinner/supper yesterday. No, I did not fix it, went with my granddaughter and we sat outside in the shade at the restaurant - no one still is allowed to eat inside. I enjoyed it.

The Eldorado Fire jumped Hway 38 late yesterday and is causing even more trouble now. The air is horrible but nothing we can do about that.

Stay cool everyone. And safe.

Honored Contributor

After seeing the Cracker Barrel commercial advertising their new chicken pot pie, trucker daughter requested that for supper tonight.   So chicken pot pie it will be in about another half hour!    I love her easy requests!   

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone. its been very muggy but humidity is leaving today and tonight should be in the high 40 and low 50s. so open windows sounds great. this week ria made chicken chowmain over rice and fresh tomato pizza. tomatoes right from the garden all very good. hope everyone has a great weekend and i wish you guys good luck dealing with those horrible fires.