Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is the fascination with Copper Chef?

I have the big pan, the round 9 inch one with cover, and the square fry pan.  I love the lightness of them, and I only use wooden spoons in them. I also have stainless steel, but the copper is great for eggs.  No stainless steel works for eggs for me.  This replaced my worn out other non stick pans what were peeling.  

Trusted Contributor

I don't have any, but my feeling is that they will work as do many others.  After awhile, the nonstick will be gone.

@gloriajean  Nice to see you friend.  Hope you're feeling much better and those little ones too.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Nice to see you here too, 3suwm5!  I am feeling much better and the twins are finally well again!

If the non stick is gone from the pans, I won't notice because I usually put a little coconut oil in anyway.  Even for the eggs!  

Respected Contributor

I dont get it either.  Im sure after some time it will wind up in the garbage just like teflon, T Fal and all the other non stick pans.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like mine BECAUSE it is light...it is huge, super nonstick, and easy to lift...The thought of even picking up my Le Creuset to use it anymore is daunting...let alone when it is full...

I really like that I can use it on my induction...my hard anodized, though relatively lightweight , will not do that...

its cheap stuff, but works well, and I have had mine for less than a year...

I do NOT use sharp or metal utensils with it, nor do I put it in the dishwasher..Same thing with my Le  Creuset...but when I need to drain grease, or water from what I am cooking, the walk to the sink carrying the Copper Chef is a LOT easier..

Like the deep fry and steamer aspects of it, too..Large artichokes, no prob....

ETA..just checked, and I got it last  May, so I have had it almost a year....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess Did you know you can get a disk that goes under your pans so you can use them with induction heat?  Evine has them from time to time and I've seen them on Amazon.   You can use your hard anodized on an induction burner. 

I just checked... Evine has two: 462-025 and 457-945.

@Mothertrucker

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

When I decided to purchase a few new pieces my choices were the professional T-Fal with the thermospot, recommended by America's Test Kitchen, the copper chef and the Gotham steel.     This is after reading reviews and checking out prices.  The Gotham Steel pans are coated in ceramic and titanium, which I felt were safe choices.

I'm not drawn to all things shiny & colorful, my decision had nothing to do with the "prettiest" or what matched my kitchen.  I wanted something that would give me the results I was looking for which is non-stick and easy to clean.

I'm  happy with my choice.    Especially since the pan is so light weight.    It usually takes me 2 hands to get any skillet to the sink to wash.   

The life expectancy is not long.   And since I don't cook very much, if I get a couple of years out of my $20 purchase, I won't complain.

@Mominohio

@software for what it's worth, I purchased that T-Fal pan based on ATK recommendations and I was unfortunately underwhelmed.  All I could think of when I was using it was "this is your best recommendation"?  I donated it and now am happy with a Cook's Companion pan I purchased from Evine.

Please know I am a huge fan of both ATK and T-Fal but this for me was a swing and a miss.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Icegoddess Did you know you can get a disk that goes under your pans so you can use them with induction heat?  Evine has them from time to time and I've seen them on Amazon.   You can use your hard anodized on an induction burner. 

@Mothertrucker

I got got one of those induction disks at BB&B... I don't think they work well...they hiss and don't seem to really get the pan hot...has anyone else had this experience?  

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mothertrucker

I got got one of those induction disks at BB&B... I don't think they work well...they hiss and don't seem to really get the pan hot...has anyone else had this experience?  

@Mothertrucker yep me . . . after diligently saving my tickets for a store giveaway by me i proudly took home a Cuisinart SS pasta pot with strainer insert . . . which unfortunately did not work on my induction burner as the SS was 0/10 and not 18/10 . . . sigh . . . because I was so in love with my "free" pot I purchased an induction burner converter plate and after watching my sundial spin around a few times I decided it was a no for me as I think that water would have warmed up faster if I had just left the pot out in the sun for a year and a half (give or take a month).

For me, if the pot isn't induction ready I would find ones that are as when they work, the results are wonderful.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mothertrucker

@Mothertrucker yep me . . . after diligently saving my tickets for a store giveaway by me i proudly took home a Cuisinart SS pasta pot with strainer insert . . . which unfortunately did not work on my induction burner as the SS was 0/10 and not 18/10 . . . sigh . . . because I was so in love with my "free" pot I purchased an induction burner converter plate and after watching my sundial spin around a few times I decided it was a no for me as I think that water would have warmed up faster if I had just left the pot out in the sun for a year and a half (give or take a month).

For me, if the pot isn't induction ready I would find ones that are as when they work, the results are wonderful.

I looked at those disks both on Evine and Amazon.  The reviews were not good and it seemed like the disk tended to make the induction burner overheat and cut off.  I decided it wasn't worth it.