Honored Contributor

Re: What do you like to buy at Aldi's

I like their produce which is usually as good or better than the big chain stores and inexpensive also!

They used to have a wonderful spinach dip but haven't had it lately.

Their tissue (for the nose) is pretty good too!

When they have flowers right near the cashiers, those can be nice also.

They have a wine that is about $3 called Winking Owl Shiraz that is my favorite.

I do think their brands (esp. crackers, soups, tuna, bread) are as good as any. 

Some stores are nicer, cleaner, more organized and stocked than other Aldi's I've noticed. I definitely can't get everything there. 

Always worth it to go if near you!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I have two Aldi stores near me and I don't shop there.

We have better stores with better discounts than Aldi's.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love their pesto in the little glass jars- so many prepared pestos have mystery ingredients in them. This one's great!

I stock up on a lot of basics; free range organic broth in the cardboard containers, cheeses, the large size plain greek yogurt. Cat food, unsalted pistachios, my daughter likes the  protein bars with lower sugar,  I usually grab a couple cans of kidney beans (I make a lot of chili!) too.

I check the produce  - I've found great stuff there lately, but the locales by me get picked over fast!  You've got to know your prices- eggs and milk  I usually get elsewhere.

Trusted Contributor

Definitely their produce. Also, their brand of pimento cheese. They have this little chocolate cake that is yummy. I have been shopping at Aldi's for a while. Don't buy a lot of meat there, but like their ribs and chicken. Bought a standing rib roast the beginning of December, hubby cut it down into steaks, and they were excellent. If you've never shopped there, give them a try.

Respected Contributor

They have cookies that are just like the Girl Scout Samoa cookies.......so good and a fraction of the price.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm just finishing up strawberries I bought at Aldi's  this week- they're delish! Where else  can you get reasonably priced yummy strawberries in the NE this time of year?? ! Heart

Respected Contributor

SimplyNature Organic White Cheddar Cheese Puffs, ciabatta rolls,  cheese, sliced turkey, fresh chicken, produce, fresh & frozen Mama Cozzi, cinnamon applesauce, Breakfast Best frozen pancakes & lots more. I like trying new things there, never know what you'll find. I check the website to see the ad for the week, what's coming for the following week, new items & recipes.

Honored Contributor

They have good produce prices, the canned goods are always less expensive than the supermarket - even when Shoprite has the can can sale.

We really haven't been disappointed with anything from there.  The only thing I didn't care for were the cashew sweet and salty granola bars.

Super Contributor

Simms Turkey Sausage Snack Sticks.  Yum.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A week or two ago I found Halos there, at a good price too.  I believe they were $2.69/3 lbs...   I love those things...