Honored Contributor

Re: What Replaced Cooks Essential

Wow @Ainhisg 

That is a huge set for that price!

Do you know if they will work on an Induction cooktop?

(if a magnet sticks to the bottom, they will work)

TIA!

Esteemed Contributor

I really like Kuhn Rikon, Rachael Ray  / Analon cookwear. 

I like the options of the different shapes and sizes. I can fit more cookware on the stovetop and not have a mess of handles knocking into each other. Cleans and cooks very well.

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Wow @Ainhisg 

That is a huge set for that price!

Do you know if they will work on an Induction cooktop?

(if a magnet sticks to the bottom, they will work)

TIA!

@RespectLife , I just tried sticking a magnet to the bottom, and it will NOT stick.  It is hard anodized aluminum.  Here is what comes in the set:

The complete 15-piece set includes 2-quart covered saucepan, 3-quart covered saucepan, 4-quart covered saucepan, 5.5-quart covered deep saute pan, 8" saute pan,10" saute pan,12" saute pan, 5-quart covered Dutch oven, 8-quart covered stockpot. The aluminum body is coated with a nonstick interior, while the outside is hard anodized. All the pans include glass lids, except the 8", 10" and 12" saute pans. All handles are stainless-steel casting handles.

And here are the specifications:

Specifications

• Space saving for easy storage
  • Tempered glass straining lid (on saucepans only)
  • Pour spouts (on saucepans only)
  • Hard anodized two times harder than stainless steel
  • Three-layer nonstick PFOA-free
  • Shatter-resistant glass lid
  • Glass lid covered by stainless-steel rim
  • Durable Teflon Platinum triple coating
  • Double-riveted for handles
  • Handles with a comfortable grip
Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg 

You are so very kind to check that for me!  I am hoping to switch to an Induction 5 burner cooktop.  The pots must be of a certain type to conduct the heat and the magnet test is how you can tell.

So I don't want to invest in a new set that won't work on Induction right now.

I am going to check that set out though for my DIL!

Thanks so much again!

Honored Contributor

I have a hard anodized set I bought at Costco several years ago and it is wonderful.  I have only lost one pan probably due to me and using high heat more than any other reason.  However, yes, unless it has a special bottom on it hard anodized will not work with induction cooktops.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been looking at that new Ninja Foodi Cookware NeverStick.  All the places that sell it have got nothing but excellent reviews for it. It's not inexpensive but that would be my choice. It comes with a 5-year warranty.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I have a hard anodized set I bought at Costco several years ago and it is wonderful.  I have only lost one pan probably due to me and using high heat more than any other reason.  However, yes, unless it has a special bottom on it hard anodized will not work with induction cooktops.  

@Icegoddess 

I have a set of Cooks Essentials Hard Anodized I purchased many years ago and they have the special bottom luckily.  I was kinda surprised since they are old and Induction wasn't around much back then for homeowners.

I have seen DV state during on air presentations if certain cookware will work w/ Induction....but no one seems (at any site) to address that issue regularly. 

Makes it kinda hard, since a set of cookware is not something I would want to return.

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've been looking at that new Ninja Foodi Cookware NeverStick.  All the places that sell it have got nothing but excellent reviews for it. It's not inexpensive but that would be my choice. It comes with a 5-year warranty.

@SilleeMee I'm wondering if it lasts.  I know so much of the super non-stick cookware is really great until it suddenly isn't and everything sticks to it.  That's why I finally ended up buying a couple of the Curtis Stone pieces because literally everyone said it stood the test of time.  I have no use for an entire cookware set anymore.  I'll use what I have since it all performs well for me and just add new pieces or replace pieces as they no longer work.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee I'm wondering if it lasts.  I know so much of the super non-stick cookware is really great until it suddenly isn't and everything sticks to it.  That's why I finally ended up buying a couple of the Curtis Stone pieces because literally everyone said it stood the test of time.  I have no use for an entire cookware set anymore.  I'll use what I have since it all performs well for me and just add new pieces or replace pieces as they no longer work.  

@Icegoddess 

Have you seen that infomercial for the Neverstick cookware? That's what got me interested in it. They show how the extra-thick nonstick coating is made and how it's 'permanently' bonded to the anodized aluminum. I was impressed so I started reading the reviews for it and found them to be outstanding. The 5-year warranty is another thing...Curtis' cookware has a 1-year warranty. Five years is a long time when it comes to nonstick cookware. Usually you can tell within a couple of months if it's any good or not....five years is impressive to me.

Honored Contributor

For me, I replaced it all with Curtis Stones durapan cookware----I love it all, use it all and have for the last 3 years..