Honored Contributor

Re: What Is Everyone Making For Christmas Dinner?

Just myself so doing appetizers. Li'l smokies in the crockpot on Christmas Eve and cocktail meatballs in the crockpot on Christmas. I'll also have dill garlic cheese curds & mild snack sticks that I got at our little cheese factory

Will also nibble on candy--chocolate cashew crunch and turtles. 

I will cook or New Year's Eve this year which I don't ususally do.

Honored Contributor

We are having a Bone in Prime Rib, lump crab cakes, a pigs in the blanket ( stuffed cabbage) home made pasta and sauce.

Also, mashed potatoes, asparagus, corn, salad, home made rolls, a cheese and vegetable plate.  

And for  dessert, apple and pumpkin pies, povatica, pumpkin roll, assorted Christmas cookies.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

We are having our traditional Italian feast. We all get together to cook it. This year my DIL will participate.

We make the sauce/gravy from scratch. We a make homemade meatballs & add sweet sausage.It will all be served over ziti.

Along with that we make a huge antipasto.We serve it with homemade garlic bread.Of course there's plenty of wine.

For dessert there's Italian pastries from our favorite bakery.It includes cannolis, tiramisu & sfoiyadel . It all gets topped off with Amaretto di Sarronio our favorite after dinner drink!!

Honored Contributor

The 4 of us wanted different things, so our supper today was lasagna and garlic bread.   Tomorrow will be ham and scalloped potatoes.   Christmas Day will be beef tenderloin, mashed potatoes, green beans, with cheesecake for dessert.   

I will not be cooking over the weekend!   

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee. My dh gave me 2 pheasants once.  On the hoof, so to speak.  I opened the door to the garage and they were flying around.  Of course I made him "process" them.  My only brush with pheasant. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@mac116 @Pantsonfire2@ @alicedee 

I had some trouble copying the recipe and getting it right on a word document. I retyped it in case you had the same difficulty.

Kachina624  Slow Cooker Chicken Dressing recipe

Here's the basic recipe.

Note 1.  I use Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix and add about 1 1/2 pkgs.  I adjust the broth, adding more.  I cook 3 or 4 chicken breasts in the pressure cooker and use the liquid for the broth, dice the meat.  I've also used a cooked rotisserie chicken.  I also add a chopped apple just because I like it.  I use Cream of Chicken soup.  The eggs serve as a binder and are indistinguishable.

Note 2. If I'm making it to go with a turkey dinner, I eliminate the chicken.  I add much more dry stuffing mix than the recipe calls for, increasing the broth, and a little more seasoning.  I often add a chopped apple just because I like the flavor.  I use cream of chicken soup.

1 whole chicken, cooked deboned and chopped

1 6 oz. package cornbread stuffing mix

1 large onion

1 cup celery

3 eggs beaten

1 10 oz. cream of mushroom soup

2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth

1 to 1½ teaspoons poultry seasoning

½ teaspoon salt

¼ teaspoon pepper

2 Tablespoons butter cut in small pieces

Grease a 31/2 or 4 quart slow cooker.

Combine all ingredients except butter and place in slow cooker.

Top with butter

Cook covered 3 ½ hours

Do not remove lid during cooking time.

May substitute rotisserie chicken or 20 oz. bag of frozen diced chicken or 3 or 4 chicken breasts.(See her notes at the beginning)

@tiny 2.  When I add the extra stuffing mix, I pretty much fill my 6 qt cooker.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Just two of us.  DH wants what is served at his family's annual Christmas get together which is cancelled this year.   So we're having stuffed cabbage; ham; potatoe salad; lasagna; pierogi.  Saving the chicken for the day after.  We'll have leftovers to eat for days.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH just picked up a 5 lb Prime Rib from the meat market. Yum!!! We will fix that in the rotisserie with some Au Jus, homemade rolls, green beans, Watergate or Ambrosia salad. DH is eating mashed potatoes with gravy which I don't eat.

I'm going to slice some of the prime rib thin to eat on roll with au jus. Yum! I'm sure DH will eat a thick slice but I can't eat that big slice with my gallbladder.

We also bought a Tenderloin & cut into steaks

Trusted Contributor

Prime rib, Yorkshire pudding, and onions in cream sauce.  We have it every year.  Yum!  My hubby does such a nice job with it all!

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I will share a porterhouse steak on Christmas Day, and a couple of twice baked potatoes from my grocer's deli... and a glass or two of Prosecco. Still have a frozen pumpkin roll in the freezer that hubby bought from a youth group.

Our two grandsons (ages 14 and 11) might be able to drop by tomorrow to pick up their Christmas $$ cards, and we'll order a couple of pizzas.