Esteemed Contributor

What Is Everyone Making For Christmas Dinner?

It will be just DD and I.  I asked her for her thoughts about food for Friday and she asked me what I wanted.  We just looked at each other and shrugged. lol  We do that a lot.

We settled on chicken and biscuits. Easy and good. My oven is wonky so we bake biscuits in the Ninja.

What is everyone making?  I always get a lot of ideas from you ladies.

Valued Contributor

Re: What Is Everyone Making For Christmas Dinner?

I splurged and bought the beef tenderloin roast from HSN, the Chef Curtis Stone brand. We are making baked potatoes and fresh green beens. I keep it simple. Bought a frozen pumpkin pie. Forgot the rolls but I don't eat them anyway. There will only be 3 but at least we have our health. Merry Christmas to you and Happy New Year. 

Respected Contributor

Ham because I can make many things from the leftovers. And can always freeze some for later.

Honored Contributor

I ordered a ham from Schwan's, some baked sweet potatoes, creamed corn. and pumpkin bread.

Respected Contributor

The Turkey Lean Cuisine I didn't eat on Thanksgiving because I had leftovers instead.  My brother usually hosts 30 people but none of us are getting together this year.  We are planning a 1/2 way to Christmas party in June.

Respected Contributor

It will just be me, but I'm making Chicken Piccata, over brown Jasmine rice, with a Caesar salad. Of course this calls for a nice glass of red, too.  

No desserts, this celebration. I managed to eat an entire pumpkin pie over the last week.  I'm cleaning up my act -- STAT.   

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Thank Goodness for the Ninja. I sing it's praises everytime I have a chance. 
I am having the Corkys ham and St. Claire sides. We had the turkey for Thanksgiving and the ham the following day.  It was excellent. 
Enjoy your meal and Merry Christmas!

Honored Contributor

We're going to have our tradional turkey breast, mashed potatoes, dressing, green bean casserole, etc.

I was outvoted on something easier!  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We're getting our "Christmas" dinner tonight from a local restaurant because temps are expected to plummet tomorrow and Friday.  For Christmas itself probably Trader Joe's paella.  

Valued Contributor

We always celebrade with son and his family so I picked up a tenderloin to bring to their house.  Unfortunately, dear daughter in law tested positive yesterday so I guess I will slice a couple of filets off and my husband and I will grill those with a baked potato and salad. 

Things are definately fluid.