Trusted Contributor

I ordered the chicken potstickers for the first time. I prepared them according to the directions on the bag. Cooked them frozen in a non-stick pan with a little oil to brown them and then added a bit of water to let them steam with lid on. They are pretty good, but, I just didn't know what to serve with them. I suppose rice might be a good side.

I've also heard of using them in homemade soups. Anyone have a recipe for that you might share?   

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Respected Contributor

Re: What Goes With Potstickers?

@Sapphiregal Just  Low sodium chicken broth, and add some green onion tops and you are done.The chicken taste best.

Valued Contributor

We have them on the weekends when we are just having appetizers instead of a meal.

Respected Contributor

@Sapphiregal   we served these as a main dish not too long ago at our study group. 

she served them with that chinese chicken salad with the broken up ramen noodles in it. 

it was a big hit. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sapphiregal  My son in law makes these for his boys when my DD works. He serves them with broccoli and rice. They would be great in any chicken and vegetable soup or just on their own as a light meal.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Potsticker soup is my go to for a fast, simple meal.  I use chicken broth to which I add shallots, minced ginger, garlic, green onion, a bit of soy sauce and the frozen pot stickers.  By the time the broth comes to a rolling boil the potstickers are hot; takes about 5-7 minutes.

If you want you can add some quick cooking vegetables like peas or broccoli florets or even drizzle a beaten egg into the broth.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I don't care for pot stickers, but my husband does and I usually make him vegetable fried rice with the pot stickers.

Respected Contributor

@Sapphiregal

I think Potstickers goes well with Asian Salad.  You can pick them up premade in the grocery store (Taylor Farms Chopped Asain Sald--comes in the bag with dressings, and wonton strips).  Or you can make them from scratch.  Cucumber Salad will also be good with it.  I just chopped the cucumbers up and marinade them with vinegar and sugar. 

Esteemed Contributor

Maruchan Ramen Noodles...

Just make them with one less cup of water and than it is the perfect bed to lay the pot stickers on. 

Respected Contributor

Edamame or snow peas would be a good side dish.