Honored Contributor

What Are Your Experiences with Different Vitamix Models?

We have a really old one--5200 I think?  We were talking a couple of days ago about we would buy another one in a hot second if this one quit.

So I was wondering what are your experiences with various models?  And with ones made in  different places.

Ours has 2 flip switches and the knob in the middle.  We are very satisfied with it, and will keep it until it's death do us part, but I am curious about the models if we need a new one in the next few years.  

Thanks!  I will find your answers interesting!  We love our old one. 

Honored Contributor

Re: What Are Your Experiences with Different Vitamix Models?

I also have the 5200, which I purchased from Vitamix.   I've been very pleased with it.

Honored Contributor

Mine says Creations 11, the kitchen is too dark in that corner to see anything else.  It came from early in QVC's showing of that line.  It works great, only one problem.  I was griding up a bunch of orange peels for something or other and it permanently clouded the container.  Sadly I've discoveed I don't like smoothies so I don't get as much use from it as I planned.  If I have choice fruit or berries aound here I eat them whole.  .   

Honored Contributor

I have a 5200 which I purchased...gosh, in 2007-ish!

Hard to think of buying another since a Vitamix will last FOREVER,

but ever so often, I go to the Vitamix website & 'kick the tires'

on the newer models.   

If I DID buy another, the Ascent would be it.

Same functions, etc, BUT you can buy smaller containers to

chop/blend...little 8oz containers to blend right on the blades.  
I would definitley like that.

Honored Contributor

I bought my 5200, 3 years ago too--use it all the time. I used my moms 3600, I think, that she bought new in 1980 until 3 years ago. It had an all stainless steel cansiter and still did what i needed it to do---but finding parts for it got a little harder so i donated it and bought the new one. Have the dry container and blade that works really great. 

Respected Contributor

I have the 5200.  I added the short wet container so I could keep it on my counter.  LOVE IT.

Respected Contributor

I have the 4000 somewhere. It's a tank. Worked well, but I have no basis for comparison with other Vitamix blenders. I always liked the soup-to-ice cream range of what you could do with it.

Honored Contributor

I've never got the use from mine that I thought I would.  Finally got it back from the recall repair.  It has lost its space on my counter so I have to get it out of a cabinet.  Just never worked for me the way Jan shows it in the demos.  I will bring it out soon and give it another many trys.   (Bought from QVC around 2014 or so.)