New Contributor
Tara can you create a nice solid bean pit with handles in temptations? I would love to have a beautiful temptations bean pot on old world or floral lace. Sincerely Ms Fay
Super Contributor

No, "we" don't need a bean pot, but evidently you want one.

New Contributor
Yes..... a bean pot is a great thought for a new Temptation Item. I have had my eye on a La Crucet bean pot at a very high end cooking store. But have resisted because it's over $100.00 Tara please consider it.
Contributor

Just curious why a bean pot needs to be a special shape. Isn't the key to a bean pot its composition as crockery? Since all the Temp-tations are stoneware, any of the pieces with lids or lid-its could do for a bean pot.

Respected Contributor

Isn't a bean pot like a casserole dish with lid? Educate me, please.

Honored Contributor

I would also love to have a bean pot, but would not be interested in one from the Temptations line. I have stayed away from this line due to the issues with cracks in the glazing, and overall breakage issues. Therefore I would prefer something more durable, that would allow me to make made from scratch baked beans where the ingredients are layered in the crock and cooked low and slow.

Honored Contributor
On 2/26/2014 Remee said:

No, "we" don't need a bean pot, but evidently you want one.

Why so snarky? Can't someone post a request without such attacks. A simple statement that it wouldn't be of interest to you would have been sufficient.

I'm surprised that one hasn't been offered yet. Most bean pots are thicker and sturdier than TT, and perhaps they don't have a manufacturer that can deliver one at the appropriate price point.

Valued Contributor

On 3/19/2014 RedTop said:

I would also love to have a bean pot, but would not be interested in one from the Temptations line. I have stayed away from this line due to the issues with cracks in the glazing, and overall breakage issues. Therefore I would prefer something more durable, that would allow me to make made from scratch baked beans where the ingredients are layered in the crock and cooked low and slow.

I purchased a beautiful 4 quart stoneware bean pot from "Celebrating Home". You can do so many different recipes in it including 15 minute dump cakes. (made in the microwave)

I purchased one piece of TT and never purchased another - it was too heavy and not as practical as I though it would be.

Every perfect gift is from above.
Honored Contributor
On 3/19/2014 firstsoprano said:

On 3/19/2014 RedTop said:

I purchased a beautiful 4 quart stoneware bean pot from "Celebrating Home". You can do so many different recipes in it including 15 minute dump cakes. (made in the microwave)

I purchased one piece of TT and never purchased another - it was too heavy and not as practical as I though it would be.

I went and looked at the bean pots at Celebrating Home. Wow, those are so beautiful! The carrying rack and thermal totes are beautiful as well. Does make TT look a little cut rate, even I have to say.