Respected Contributor

Walmarts Soft Cookies are great!

Walmart sells cookies that look like Cheryl's but taste delicious just like we love.

12 cookies in a box. In the bakery department. I buy them for myself and every doctor's appointment I go to. They all love Walmarts as they are so soft and yummy. Can not go wrong and you can buy anytime you need some.

I had Cheryl's cookies once and they are nothing special.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Walmarts Soft Cookies are great!

You certainly won't spend a fortune buying Lofthouse compared to Cheryl's.

Used to buy them for the kids, won't buy them anymore, too sweet.

Respected Contributor

IMG_3970.jpeg

Walmarts are so soft and are only sweet on the frosting. The cookies are a staple in our home now. 

Respected Contributor

Agree @MKR14. I recently bought 4 containers of the frosted star decorated cookies for a lake picnic & everyone loved them...soft, fresh & not too sweet.

Respected Contributor

I am not a soft cookie person. I do not like Cheryl's or Walmart's--they are also too sweet.

I prefer cookies like Pepperidge Farms, especially those with nuts.

Respected Contributor

Cheryl's has far more variety than just an iced cookie. One of the major selling points for many people is that they are all individually wrapped. That is a major selling point for passing out as a token favor or for packing lunches. They also freeze well individually. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MKR14  I really like the Walmart chocolate chip cookies! 

Respected Contributor

@MKR14  This morning, we left the beach and I told hubs to stop cause I gotta run in walmart real quick and I didnt wanna have to come back out.  

In my bag were the frosted cookies (love them and grands do too), oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip, and their brownie cookies.  I agree they are sooooo good.

In my house, they might last a week especially if the grandkids come by 🩷.

Esteemed Contributor

Walmart's frosted sugar cookies are okay, but I prefer the frosting on Cheryl's cookies. And the only fair comparison you can make with these two cookies is between the plain ol' sugar cookies with the plain ol' sweet but mostly flavorless frosting. Cheryl's is miles ahead when it comes to specialty flavors—the Salted Caramel Frosted Chocolate is the best non-homemade cookie I've ever had; the S'mores, Cinnamon Roll, and Devil's Food are great; and they have fantastic seasonal varieties, such as the Key Lime Frosted White Chip, the Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin, the Frosted Gingerbread, and the Frosted Cranberry (not sure if they make that anymore). Mmmmm...I wish I had some cookies to pull from my freezer right now!  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I can't do Cheryl's cookies.....there's something (I think in the icing) that makes my lips tingle.  No problem with the Walmart frosted soft cookies.