Trusted Contributor

Vitamix great Customer Service

I just ground up the small plastic insert in my Vitamix blender. It fell in my smoothie. Drat.  So I just called Customer Service expecting to pay for a new one plus shipping. The very nice rep said she would be sending me a complimentary whole new cover. Can't beat that. What a great American company.

Respected Contributor

Re: Vitamix great Customer Service

Yes, Vitamix has excellent customer service.  When I first got mine, I tried to use the tamper WITHOUT the lid on the Vitamix.  My smoothie was full of plastic.  SIGH  Anyway, I called and the rep said they would replace the ($12) tamper gratis.  I was thrilled!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree, their customer service is great and their Vitamixes are the best!! 

Last month I spilled my Vitamix smoothie as I was taking it off of the machine stand. The spill was really close to the Vitamix cord so I put down the plastic blender and made sure the cord was safe. I have a tiny kitchen (3' by 6', it's in a closet) and it turned out that I had placed the blender on the hot plate. It melted and was useless. 

I have the Vitamix Pro 750 (why doesn't QVC carry that crazy good, top model?) and Vitamix is the only place that carries the replacement blender. They charge $160 for it. But when I explained what had happened to my blender, the CS rep gave it to me for $99. 

lol, I love Vitamix even more... if that is even possible!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy My Vitamix Green Smoothie recipe Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Recently I was grating parmesan cheese in my Vitamix as I have done on numerous ocassions, when a whole the size of a half dollar blew a hole out side of the container. Lost the cheese and ruined the container. I emailed Vitamix customer service and did not receive an answer. Suggestions. 

Also, has anyone else had problems with container breaking? Thanks

Respected Contributor

They are the best.  I asked about a recipe and they sent it right away.  Always so helpful

New Contributor

I lost the T-shaped wooden tamper that originally came with my 35 year old Vitamix.  I called the company and they sent me a new tamper, free of charge. In the package that held my new tamper, there was a hand written note thanking me for my brand loyalty and best wishes for many more years of use of this very old machine.  I cannot say enough about the great customer service.  As for the durabiity of the Vitamix...excellent.

Honored Contributor

When I bought mine it started leaking oil from the blade assembly. I called Vitamix & they shipped out a new blade assembly really fast at no charge.

Honored Contributor

@nantze wrote:

Recently I was grating parmesan cheese in my Vitamix as I have done on numerous ocassions, when a whole the size of a half dollar blew a hole out side of the container. Lost the cheese and ruined the container. I emailed Vitamix customer service and did not receive an answer. Suggestions. 

Also, has anyone else had problems with container breaking? Thanks

@nantze wow! That must have been scary. I'm glad you're alright. 

I don't know why they didn't email you back because they are very proactive. 

I'd give them a call this week and I'm sure they'll take care of everything... on top of which Vitamixes have a minimum 5 to 7 year full service warrantee. 

Just so you know, it can take upwards of an hour to get your call through so plan ahead. 

Please let us know how it goes. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Thanks so much BeBe. 

Contributor

I had the same problem trying to grate parm cheese. I cracked my container in several places. I called Vitamix (I have the 7500), and had only had it for a few months, and the rep. was very nice. He sent me a new container, at no charge or shipping to me and also gave me some pointers on grating the cheese. He said to let it sit at room temperature for a 10-15-min. before turning the machine on and dropping it in through the hole in the lid.