Valued Contributor

Vitamix class action options

[ Edited ]

Not one thing is $70 on their site- I wonder how they came up with that amount. (unless you want a bunch of "little" things like plastic spatulas or a recipe.How did they come up with the "benefits" anyhow?-- I am not pleased at all and I doubt after 8 years they're going to give me a whole new machine-i NOTICED the flecks and even stopped using it  (they said the "flecks" were harmless still, I wonder )- and even so  it cost almost $400!. Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Vitamix class action options

@sipp

What caused the suit and what are the flecks?

Respected Contributor

I love my Vitamix.  This is the first time I'm hearing this news.  Which models? Thanks

Super Contributor

I learned about this class action on a previous thread on these qvc boards.  

Check that out or try  www.blendersettlement.com/

Honored Contributor

I figure if I go for the $70 gift card I can use it on the purchase of a new container. I would like one of the newer shorter containers.

The black flecks must come off the black plastic blade assembly.

My sister has 2 Vitamix machines. One has the black plastic blade assembly the other machine has a stainless steel blade assembly. She said they must have made it out of plastic so they could sell at QVC.

There is nothing wrong with the machines which is why they are offering money to use on another container or take the new blade assembly. If the blade assembly is still made out of plastic won't it also have the same black flecks?? If it does not still have black flecks what did they do to it to get rid of them??

Valued Contributor

I received an email- (probably because I registered the warranty) -- it stated that while the flecks were harmless- they were still giving a $70 gift card or a free replacement blade assembly- (they used a 3rd party to "say" the black specks are harmless but they have NOT said what those flecks are- Some people say they are plastic- I'm not sure- But I do know that $70 is NOT going to go very far to purchase anything on their site except for a cookbook and/or  plastic spatulas etc- Also people have posted here that they're taking the $70 gift card so they can buy a smaller container-- well- their "containers are double that- so that stinks (imo)---- You can find out more by going to:  blendersettlement.com