Honored Contributor

To the gal who wanted

[ Edited ]

a Wolfgang Puck pressure cooker. Over on HSN in a sneak preview of his weekend show he has his big 8 qt on sale think free shp too, today everything is on 5.00 shp anyway, but, free is better. LOL

552-682 is the #

Respected Contributor

@SharkE  I am the gal who wanted theWP pressure cooker.  Thanks for the tip, but I want a 6 qt one.  I live alone and there is no way I would be able to lift a bigger one.  I am sure someone will bring out a 6 qt one at some point.  I just have to hang in there.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@SharkE  I am the gal who wanted theWP pressure cooker.  Thanks for the tip, but I want a 6 qt one.  I live alone and there is no way I would be able to lift a bigger one.  I am sure someone will bring out a 6 qt one at some point.  I just have to hang in there.

@CLEM The Cuisinart cpc 600 is a 6 qt pressure cooker. It's not too heavy either. It also has a 2 yr warranty. Wal-Mart has it for $75 with free 2 day S&H.

Honored Contributor

watch the Puck show he might bring on other sizes.

check bed and bath, here at Q, amazon, etc.

I just now ordered a Nordic Ware red stock pot . Throwing out my one cast iron piece just to heavy and Nordic Ware came out with new aluminum line called Pro Cast.. Got it from B&B, a 3 qt red.

Out with Rachel Ray pot , in with the Nordic Ware replacement

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz  I had ordered a Cuisinart from Macy's a few weeks ago.  It came broken in pieces because they just put it in a huge box and shipped it.  They sent another one out which was not in pieces but had other issues.

Looked into it again this am but after reading a lot of reviews and q&a, I found out you can't steam in it.  So the search goes on.

Honored Contributor

@CLEM Instant Pot has a six quart size (it's the one I have) and I just love it.  I have heard they are a bit hard to find these days as they are so popular but you may want to check either Amazon or BB&B when you have a minute.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe  I have been looking at these, but they have so many settings that they scare the daylight out of me.   It seems that people like them.  

Can I just set them to pressure cook and put in the time?  Do they slow cook?  Do they steam?  Also I think they have ss inner pot - I prefer non-stick.  Can't be bothered with scrubbing pots.

I had such a wonderful pressure cooker from Todd English from when he was at HSN, but a friend always cooks for a large crowd and wanted one, so I gave it to her.  That thing was such a work horse and easy to operate.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe  I just checked on Amazon and they are out of them, but I put myself on an e-mail list to get alerted when it gets back in.  It seems to have everything I want except it's a stainless steel pot.

Respected Contributor

InstantPot also makes a 3 qt. size, but that might be too small.

Honored Contributor

@CLEM the IP is incredibly easy to use.  Please do not be intimidated as I literally took mine out of the box, threw some stuff in there and had a great meal in no time.  Mine came with a great, laminated cheat sheet which was all I used for a long time.  To be honest, I have never used the slow cooker function as I don't have a glass lid to fit but yes you can steam in it.  

And please don't worry about the SS container as it is a breeze to clean up.  I have had mine for years and have never encountered any problems.  I just love it.  I had a CE one before it and it was fine but the IP just performed much better.