Respected Contributor

What a shock!!!  On Monday, March 18, I received an email instructing me to return my Vitamix container so the blades assembly can be put in que for an April replacement.  Tuesday I went to FedEx, who packed and shipped it back to Vitamix.  Thought I was going to pass out today, 5 days later, when the blade assembly was repaired and the container returned.  Now that's what I call Customer Service.     

Honored Contributor

Re: Vitamix Customer Service

That's due to the Class Action Suit.  A few weeks ago I got a notice that mine is scheduled for September, 2019.   

Trusted Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

That's due to the Class Action Suit.  A few weeks ago I got a notice that mine is scheduled for September, 2019.   

Same here.

Frequent Contributor

@coffee drinker did they pay for you to ship it to them?

Respected Contributor

I don't understand, there is a class action suit?  I've had my Vitamix for maybe 3 years now and didn't receive any notice.  Is it a certain model?  Also I just bought one for a wedding gift and don't want that one to be bad.

Respected Contributor

@Miss Elleigh Vitamix paid shipping both ways via FedEx.  I didn't have to package, either.  FedEx did it all. 

Respected Contributor

@luvmybeetle   Try Google and search on Vitamix settlement or class action.  That would explain better than I can.  Hope that helps you.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

The blades are dated, and the one affected are dated from Jan 1, 2007 till August 9, 2016.  You would have had to file your claim by Sept 28, 2018.  I just went through my emails and saw it there.  Missed out on that one.  The lawsuit claims that the blades can "flake", but, if they do, an independent lab determined that it would not be harmful, and no one reported any health issues.

Respected Contributor

I've have fantastic service from Vitamix long before any lawsuit.  They are a great company and have answered questions for me and been very helpful.  Also, you don't wait on hold like so many other companies.  You can understand them when you speak with them.