Esteemed Contributor
Has anyone tried cauliflower or broccoli cheddar tots? Are they any good cooked in airfryer?

I do my weekly shopping on Saturday and was curious about these veggie tots. I do like both cauliflower and broccoli...just wondering if the tots are worth trying...both for myself and my grandkids.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

I havent tried them yet.. but my friend buys them all the time.. she said they are real good. they come out nice and crispy in the air fryer....

Honored Contributor

Sounds like something we would definitely try. And I have an air fryer too ☺️

Honored Contributor

Oh...they sound so good, but oil - flour - sugar -salt  just is not my food.  The rest of you party and enjoy!

Respected Contributor

I like the broccoli tots in my airfryer. Just spritz them with olive oil spray and shake the fryer pan halfway through cooking time.

Honored Contributor

My teacher daughter made squash tots last weekend using the air fryer; she and her boyfriend liked them.  

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Oh...they sound so good, but oil - flour - sugar -salt  just is not my food.  The rest of you party and enjoy!

@phoenixbrd 

I haven't read the ingredients...wonder why they added sugar? I can see the rest as a binder, but sugar? Hmm. I will probably pick up one of them and try for lunch tomorrow. I guess if I hate them alone I could turn into a tot casserole or throw into a veggie soup.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357   These foods are used prolifically in processed foods...they are addictive and keep you coming back for more and more means $$$.  That would be my guess.

Enjoy your lunch tomorrow!😉

@kate2357 wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@phoenixbrd 

I haven't read the ingredients...wonder why they added sugar? I can see the rest as a binder, but sugar? Hmm. I will probably pick up one of them and try for lunch tomorrow. I guess if I hate them alone I could turn into a tot casserole or throw into a veggie soup.

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd 

I try to avoid eating too much processed foods because they typically do have too much salt and sugar and because I enjoy "real" food more. I will have to look at ingredients and nutritional info tomorrow and decide if I buy. 

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't touch cauliflower with a 10 foot pole!