Contributor

VITAMIX TUSCAN TOMATO SOUP - RECIPE PLEASE

The Tuscan Tomato Soup recipe is not in my Vitamix cookbook. Does anyone have a new Vitamix with the new recipe book "The Art of Blending"? Would very much appreciate if you will share this recipe. Thank you.

Respected Contributor

Re: VITAMIX TUSCAN TOMATO SOUP - RECIPE PLEASE

Yes, please. And for those of us who don't care to do Facebook, I wish someone would post the recipes Carolyn mentioned today also.

Contributor

I would also love to get the Tuscan Tomato Soup .. looks very good and easy too !

Honored Contributor

If you Google it, you'll see at least 3 listings from various websites and cooks.

Rather than waiting for and relying on someone to post it here...

Contributor

Here's a tomato souprecipe: SIMPLE 6 INGREDIENT 6 MINUTE TOMATO SOUP INGREDIENTS ½ of a small onion, peeled and trimmed of the ends 1 large celery stalk (leaves still attached, preferably) 1 medium to large size carrot, scrubbed and trimmed of the ends, broken in half 1 garlic clove, peeled 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice 1 (14.5) ounce can diced tomatoes with Italian Herbs (or an identically sized can of plain diced tomatoes with 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings + ½ teaspoon dried basil.) Optional for serving: ½ to 1 cup milk and/or heavy cream or creme fraiche to stir in at the end. INSTRUCTIONS Add the onion, celery stalk, carrot, garlic clove, and both cans of tomatoes with their liquid into the blender. Fix the lid carefully in place and blend on HIGH for 6 minutes, or until steam is coming from the top of the blender. If using milk, add it and blend on HIGH for 45 seconds or until hot all the way through. If desired, drizzle heavy cream or creme fraiche in the soup as you serve.
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you all. I found the Tuscan Tomato White Bean soup recipe, and it sounds good too. But the recipe Jan Muller prepared Sunday several times never included white beans, so there must be another newer recipe out there. (I'm not very creative to get proportions right on my own. I like to try the real thing first, then go from there.) Thank you Sylva for your tomato soup recipe. I will have to try.

Trusted Contributor

All the Vitamix recipes look awesome but for those of us on WW, be aware that most are very high in points. i.e. - the Tuscan Bean soup and Acorn Squash Soup are each 6 P+ and the Bacon Potato Cheddar soup is 7 P+ per cup! (Based on the nutritional values given with the recipe).

Frequent Contributor

On 1/4/2015 sylva said: Here's a tomato souprecipe: SIMPLE 6 INGREDIENT 6 MINUTE TOMATO SOUP INGREDIENTS ½ of a small onion, peeled and trimmed of the ends 1 large celery stalk (leaves still attached, preferably) 1 medium to large size carrot, scrubbed and trimmed of the ends, broken in half 1 garlic clove, peeled 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice 1 (14.5) ounce can diced tomatoes with Italian Herbs (or an identically sized can of plain diced tomatoes with 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings + ½ teaspoon dried basil.) Optional for serving: ½ to 1 cup milk and/or heavy cream or creme fraiche to stir in at the end. INSTRUCTIONS Add the onion, celery stalk, carrot, garlic clove, and both cans of tomatoes with their liquid into the blender. Fix the lid carefully in place and blend on HIGH for 6 minutes, or until steam is coming from the top of the blender. If using milk, add it and blend on HIGH for 45 seconds or until hot all the way through. If desired, drizzle heavy cream or creme fraiche in the soup as you serve.

Sylva, thanks for the simple tomato soup recipe. Just wondering if you had any other Simple Soup recipes for the vitamix that you can share? Thanks again!

Respected Contributor

Does anyone know of a source for the "Blendings" cookbook offered yesterday with the VitaMix, or for the "Tamper Holster" that was also offered. Can't find them anywhere, but haven't checked with VitaMix. Both look interesting.