Trusted Contributor

Hi, I have this model, bought from VitaMix. It works great, and I think it's the quietest Vitamix so far; comparing too my 7500, and  the E#@) Explorian I bought my daughter. It's gorgeous, black stainless, which gives different looks in various lights- bronze, deep gold, gray, I  love it!

I'm thinking about the self detect bowls and cups.  Anyone have them, your experience, yay/nay?

If you do have them, any tips to using?

Thx HeartCat Very HappyHeart

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

@skittles2--what are detect bowls and cups

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl

Hi,  the Ascent is the latest VitaMix model. You can change containers and the programs will self adjust to whatever size container that is connected.

The cups and small bowls come with a disc like top which screws onto cup opening after you've added food items. then the cup/bowl is inverted directly onto the machine's base,  once it's connected the machine knows what it is- cup or bowl and begins the program you choose.

One of the reasons I chose the Ascent, was due it being self detect, having the cups & BOWLS.

Other Vitamix's like the 7500, or 750, 780, E310-320 explorian, also have the ability to use there own cups ( no bowls for those models), but a larger type of bowl-ish adapter( which is bulky and harder to clean) is needed.  the cup is filled, the bowl type adapter is inverted onto the cup opening, then the bowl is turned over and placed on machine base.

HeartCat Very HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

@skittles2--thanks skittle, I was going to research it online, but forgot. I will be very interested for you to report back about how you use it and how you like it. I marvel at such new tech stuff. I love my VitaMix, new to me in 2016, as I loved my moms stainless steel VM, new in 1980---I used that for many years until it finally gave up and I got my new one.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, I used the 7500 for a few months,  just 3 times. I wasn't serious about it then, gave it away and bought the Ascent in May.  

Well, I immediately became serious with the Ascent.  I've only used it so far for soup, and very nutritious smoothies, which I make everyday for myself and my daughter.  I felt better from the get-go when I started having 2 smoothies a day, no kidding,  and started losing weight too, getting more protein, which I need.

If all I ever do with it is make smoothies, it's worth it! I'm going to buy the dry container, although it's not necessary, as you can do so much with the regular containers, but I'm getting it, and I'll buy the cups and bowls as well, and there's the new aerator container which whips, froths, etc.

If you look into the cups/bowls for the Ascent, if you have one or buy one,  you need the disc top, but only one,  the sets are sold with 2 cups or 2 bowls and each has a disc,  you don't need to buy 2 full disc sets. You can purchase the cups disc set, then buy just the bowls or reverse.

I did buy the cups and bowls the same time I bought the Ascent, used them a few times, then decided I probably wouldn't really utilize them and returned them.  

Now I want them, but wanted ideas what others use them for, tips, etc.,  when I did have them I tried personal smoothies, but since I have 2 smoothies and my daughter has 1, using the bigger container was better. I did grind spices,coffee beans,  chopped small amount vegs and fruits when needed,  they worked fine, want to see what other things they can do.

I think with holidays approaching they would really come in handy.

I've found ordering from Vitamix easy. They are very helpful with info, and usually give discounts and their return policy is very good.

HeartCat Very HappyHeart