Esteemed Contributor

Re: Upcoming TSV this weekend

I have a question please.  I have and regularly use a NuWave oven.  French fries come out really crisp, egg rolls are crispy and other things that I would normally fry also come out crispy.  What advantage would I gain with a dedicated air fryer?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

@Marp wrote:

I have a question please.  I have and regularly use a NuWave oven.  French fries come out really crisp, egg rolls are crispy and other things that I would normally fry also come out crispy.  What advantage would I gain with a dedicated air fryer?

I think it'd be pretty much the same as your nuwave other than this would be something you could keep out on the counter as its smaller than the nuwave. Also  you can just throw in a bunch of french fries - or similar things which im nto sure how that would work in a nuwave. But they are VERY similar. 

Frequent Contributor

I have the one from HSN that was a TS, it is bigger then CE, and the CE weighs 9 pounds vs the Philips weighs 16 pounds so you can figure out which one is bigger.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ctinaw wrote:

@Marp wrote:

I think it'd be pretty much the same as your nuwave other than this would be something you could keep out on the counter as its smaller than the nuwave. Also  you can just throw in a bunch of french fries - or similar things which im nto sure how that would work in a nuwave. But they are VERY similar. 

Thank you- this was my question!- I have the Fa-gor halogen convection oven which I DO leave out on my counter and wondered if this might be very similar..

appreciate this feedback..

But HEY! Q, why should I have to hyphenate that name!? Its not a bad word..it means "cigarette" in Great Britain...

Esteemed Contributor

@ctinaw wrote:

@Marp wrote:

Thank you so much for not only answering my question but saving me money.  My NuWave oven is used almost every day so it does stay on my counter (I'm so lucky to have lots of counter space).  BTW, the only french fries that need to be on something are the shoestring style and crisper pan fixes that problem.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

Plus it has the presets which though not required, may be helpful.