Regular Contributor

I thought Tyler Florence had a new program on The Cooking Channel, bjut I can't seem to find it.  Does anybody know?  He is one of my favorites!

Honored Contributor

@CountryMusicGal I am a bit frustrated with the Food Network right now as they are introducing new shows one or two episodes at a time but I can't find any further information on them including Tyler's whose shows I really enjoyed.  I so wish they were clearer on where their host line up was heading . . . Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

FN has become the DDD marathon every evening. Not a fan so I dont watch any of his shows but apparently someone does bc he has spinoffs and guest spots.

I enjoyed his Ultimate show but it seems most of FN is concentrating on are competition shows. Whether they are food trucks, worst cooks, home cooks, donuts, cakes etc.

Trusted Contributor

I think FN bought a few episodes of Tyler Florence's new show that I thought was GREAT and nothing more...I also noticed they're doing next to nothing with the woman who won Next Food Network Star (I think she had a spot on The Kitchen??).  I think they have contracts(big bucks)with the "regulars" that they keep employed and they are trying to maximize profit with the low-budget shows that have good ratings like Chopped, DDD and GGG.  

Honored Contributor

I wish they would bring back a low carb cooking show and a variety cooking show featuring different cooking styles like greek cuisine, indian cuisine etc.............

Also a cooking show on recipes to lose  weight that are easy and tasty...........

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

pdlinda wrote:

I think FN bought a few episodes of Tyler Florence's new show that I thought was GREAT and nothing more...I also noticed they're doing next to nothing with the woman who won Next Food Network Star (I think she had a spot on The Kitchen??).  I think they have contracts(big bucks)with the "regulars" that they keep employed and they are trying to maximize profit with the low-budget shows that have good ratings like Chopped, DDD and GGG.  

She was going to be one of the hosts of this off-shoot show, from 'The Kitchen' that aired on Sunday mornings.   I don't know if that happened (yet?) because as soon as I found out she was going to be on that one I deleted it, so I don't even know if more episodes have aired.  I was going to watch the show (I also watch The Kitchen) before that, but I could just not stomach her.  There were definitely better choices on NFNS this season.  She was profoundly annoying.

Respected Contributor

@catlover wrote:

I wish they would bring back a low carb cooking show and a variety cooking show featuring different cooking styles like greek cuisine, indian cuisine etc.............

Also a cooking show on recipes to lose  weight that are easy and tasty...........

Yeah, like Dr Lou Arrone in the early days (1990's). Of Food Network.. And Donna Hanover And David Rosengarten....