Respected Contributor

So flipping through the channels and started to watch the presentation for a new polishing/cleaning product from a woman in France.

I just couldn't handle that presentation, 1st she had to look at the bottle to see what she was using and repeated the name of the product.  Next she was cleaning a stove, moved onto a copper pot then she remembered she should use the other sponge type polisher after the micro cloth cleaner.  Then she said all micro cloths are not the same and said this one is "thinner".  Then her hair was in her face and to me, it was a total disaster, flipped.

I thought Bill was in charge of training these guests, he must of been on vacation.

Honored Contributor

Re: Turned off HSN 1st time!

In that vendor's defense -  maybe that was her virgin appearance.  It's not as easy as the long-time vendors and hosts make it look.

I'm not watching any shopping nowadays, so my reply has little to do with the show you saw @Just Bling.  I just know from my experience with student teachers that newbies have a tough road to hoe to match experience.  Training and good prep help, but there's still a gap for most.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops  Yea, I don't get her point either.  I majored in education in college and I can tell you, nothing scared me as much as getting in front of a group of people to do a demonstration.  Even though I knew the subject, it absolutely unhinged me and it still does from time to time...

Honored Contributor

Just think back to your own first couple of days on whatever your job was. I myself was kind of a mess until I got more confident. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

ok, i'll chalk it up to her being a "newbie", maybe her defense was to hind behind the hair and just plain stage fright.

Frequent Contributor

Oh for goodness sake!  It was her first time on air and english is not her first language.