Honored Contributor

I wanted to stop at Costco for one thing. My husband knows me too well and said that we had to take a cart.

As we walked past the refrigerated section, my husband said we should buy eggs. As we were getting them, there was a sign. The sign limited you to buy 2  -18 eggs cartons. I was thinking about the people that are going to be cooking for large groups of people.

And this is the week before Thanksgiving. We still have another week of food shopping to go.

And I am so glad my husband got a cart. We had no trouble almost filling it.

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

I wanted to stop at Costco for one thing. My husband knows me too well and said that we had to take a cart.

As we walked past the refrigerated section, my husband said we should buy eggs. As we were getting them, there was a sign. The sign limited you to buy 2  -18 eggs cartons. I was thinking about the people that are going to be cooking for large groups of people.

And this is the week before Thanksgiving. We still have another week of food shopping to go.

And I am so glad my husband got a cart. We had no trouble almost filling it.

@drizzellla 

Curious, do you remember the price of the eggs?  I bought a dozen Safeway brand today around $4.  A lady next to me said she paid $8 last week for a dozen, nothing special regular size large.

Honored Contributor

Re: Trip to Costco today

[ Edited ]

@rockygems123 wrote:

@drizzellla 

Curious, do you remember the price of the eggs?  I bought a dozen Safeway brand today around $4.  A lady next to me said she paid $8 last week for a dozen, nothing special regular size large.

I looked at the receipt $4.99 for 18 eggs.

We bought the eggs at Costco because the grocery had 18 eggs for $6.99.

Respected Contributor

We just bought a dozen jumbo eggs and they were $5.99.

Valued Contributor

Monday I bought 18 large EB eggs for $8.15!!  Wow was I surprised.

Esteemed Contributor

@Regal Bee wow wow

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Trip to Costco today

[ Edited ]

4.39 at Wegmans for d/oz of XR-large...EB....$5.79 for 18

4.00 for Large

(for delivery service)

Respected Contributor

Last week or so Kroger had 18 large eggs for $1.99.  They were a special and I do not know what the cost is this week.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Valued Contributor

Last week Walmart had a doz. large for $3.48..no limit..I bought 6 doz...so I can start baking.Can't get back there..So I know I will pay a lot more here..for the rest.

Respected Contributor

@rockygems123 I was in Costco in CT about 2 weeks ago and the 2 dozen pack of eggs (not organic) were $4.99.  Don't thinks there was a limit as to quantity you could buy.