Honored Contributor

Just heard on the news we're getting a Trader Joe's in the adjoining city.

Honored Contributor

I'm mad at them because you can't do pickup!

Valued Contributor

I have the understanding that property values rise when there is a Trader Joe's within a close proximity of your home.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I don't do pickup.  Besides, for me a TJ would be a place to browse.  I'll still continue to do my weekly shopping at Publix & Kroger.

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I would also use the pick-up, otherwise-no...

Respected Contributor

We have 3 Trader Joe's within an easy drive of our house, but I don't go there very often, mainly because they're all in shopping centers whose parking lots are comparable  to demolition derbies. On those rare occasions when I got there, I make a bee line for the candy. Their 1 pound chocolate bars are sooo good and their chocolate covered caramels are my downfall. Once I've had my chocolate fix, I can look at the other aisles. They have a lot of neat items throughout the store, but especially in the frozen foods section. Their staff are so friendly and knowledgeable. Whenever I ask them about something, not only do they know the answer, but they'll take me to the aisle where it's located. TJ's is definitely worth checking out, even if you don't use it as your main grocery store. 

Honored Contributor

We have a TJ's about a 10 minute walk from us.  We go there weekly.  This is the first week since the virus started that we were able to bring our own bags--actually TJ's paper bags which are almost indestructible!!--and bag the items ourselves.  We are in and out of the store in less than 10 minutes.  No problems.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess, we have several in my area, one just a few blocks from our house. I've always liked them but especially now. I feel very safe shopping there. I go there every week for certain items that I love. I do my main shopping, though, at a nearby supermarket.

I reserve one day a week for my outing -- Thursdays. It makes me giddy! :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

We have a TJ's about a 10 minute walk from us.  We go there weekly.  This is the first week since the virus started that we were able to bring our own bags--actually TJ's paper bags which are almost indestructible!!--and bag the items ourselves.  We are in and out of the store in less than 10 minutes.  No problems.

@kaydee50 

No line to get in?  Ever since COVID reared its ugly head, my Trader Joe's always has a loooong line to get in. It greatly discourages me from going there.  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags   No lines for us and we don't go during the "senior hour".  We go on Thursdays around 9:30 am.  Obviously, it depends on where you live and probably what other stores are around.  And we were able to bring our own bags and bag the items in the store ourselves.  Yeah!!!