Esteemed Contributor

This Lockdown Is Making Me Stupid.

Last night I said to my daughter, I'm going to put that pork roast I got in the crockpot tomorrow morning.  I will be an easy dinner for tomorrow night.

Well, it's 2:10 in the afternoon.  Where is my roast? Still in the fridge.  I forgot completely about it.  I only remembered because I was on Allrecipes.com and saw crockpot recipes. Lightbulb came on and it was son of a biscuit, my roast.

I swear this lockdown is turning my brain to mush.  No appointments to remember, no dinner plans w/friends to remember etc.  I don't remember what the date is half the time.

Honored Contributor

Re: This Lockdown Is Making Me Stupid.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Oh well ,there's always tomorrow...one day just goes into the next.

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9  So true.  It's the monotony, everyday feels the same. If it weren't for TV programming you wouldn't be able to tell Sunday from Friday. It's mind numbing.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Yes it's a combination of too much endless anxiety and worry that become mind numbing!...not knowing when or how it will end!

Trusted Contributor

Is it actually called a "lockdown" or *shelter in place"?

Esteemed Contributor

Spoiler

@Sheila P-Burg  Lockdown, shelter in place or stay at home order.  To me it's all the same premises. Your activities and your ability to go out and about.are limited.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't feel bad @CrazyKittyLvr2. Yesterday morning my neighbor was in a stressed rush so hopped in the car, put it in reverse, hit the gas & forgot to open the garage door, she panicked & hit the gas again BUT forgot to put it in drive...sections of the collasped the garage door are still sitting on the car today. She wasn't hurt & I'm sure she'll laugh about it when...the garage door gets replaced, the car is repaired & she stops cussing herself out.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  .....  The reason I asked was when we were put in "shelter in place" they explained that there was a difference between our "shelter in place " and "lockdown" and that some states may go to complete "lockdown" closing everything if necessary. I don't know what state you are in thus the question.

Esteemed Contributor

I get it. Just made spaghetti for the family. Sent hubs out for something to pick up for late lunch because I salted the heck out of the noodles - just like GZ told us to do on THE KITCHEN last week. Now, why did I change my recipe? Good grief. I also didn't realize how little calories I consumed on my work days. Focus, focus, focus.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Spoiler
Spoiler

@Sheila P-Burg  I've heard both lockdown and stay at home order. When this started March 13th, I believe, I read the 6 pages that listed what was allowed open and what was closed. 

There was not a lot allowed to remain open. DD works at a law firm and they had to close their physical offices and work from home.

All I know is that both towns closest to me look like ghost towns.  Grocery stores, gas stations and pharmacies basically.

DD said this am, well we got Covid here in March, aliens (declassified photos) in April, and May had murder hornets,  what is June going to bring. I think she was only half kidding.