Reply
Contributor
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎06-03-2010

Think about featuring American Made Cookware?

It baffles me that QVC has not considered featuring a top product manufactured in the State of Pa. How about All Clad???? More expensive than the Chinese manufactured cookware that you feature now; BUT the quality is there. I do believe that items sold as MADE IN THE U.S.A. will be a great selling point. Please consider the fact that many foreign products are dangerous to our health. e.g. Baby bottles, toys, etc.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,959
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Think about featuring American Made Cookware?

I agree that All Clad is wonderful cookware. Pricey but you get what you pay for.

Price point is one reason you won't see it here. Even on EP people will complain.

Those who want All Clad can afford to buy it at stores where it's offered.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,178
Registered: ‎09-02-2010

Re: Think about featuring American Made Cookware?

I believe you have to submit a form to sell your product on Q. At least the one person I know that had a product to sell did, no one came looking for her.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Regular Contributor
Posts: 198
Registered: ‎03-17-2010

Re: Think about featuring American Made Cookware?

Isn't Emeril's cookware All Clad?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,081
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Think about featuring American Made Cookware?

I can well afford all-clad - I just won't. I can imagine if you love your pots and pans, if you maybe have your ego tied up in what you display in your kitchen, those pans are a good buy at any price. For me, the last couple of pans I bought cost less than $10. I have no idea where they were made - I just know they're living well in my kitchen.

On another front - for all those who want to buy only MIA - what happens when the Chinese go to only made in China. Some huge American companies already sell a huge part of what they manufacture to China. Where would they sell it when China closes its trade borders or do you think they'd leave them open? IMO, if we close ours, they'd certainly close theirs.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,648
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Think about featuring American Made Cookware?

As long as the formula that works best for them is 'price before quality' you won't see any changes in that area.

For those of us who prefer quality over price, fortunately, there are better places to shop than tv shopping networks.

I think that QVC used to sell a lot more products of good quality and they found that they could increase their sales volume exponentially with cheaply made Chinese products. Rule of thumb for a retailer that needs to sell as high volume as possible - Follow the money. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,838
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Think about featuring American Made Cookware?

On 1/25/2015 chickenbutt said:

As long as the formula that works best for them is 'price before quality' you won't see any changes in that area.

For those of us who prefer quality over price, fortunately, there are better places to shop than tv shopping networks.

I think that QVC used to sell a lot more products of good quality and they found that they could increase their sales volume exponentially with cheaply made Chinese products. Rule of thumb for a retailer that needs to sell as high volume as possible - Follow the money. Smiley Happy

Exactly!!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,061
Registered: ‎03-21-2010

Re: Think about featuring American Made Cookware?

On 1/25/2015 MScotty said:

Isn't Emeril's cookware All Clad?

Yes, Emeril's cookware is All Clad, but it's made in China. I saw it in a retail store and while it looks very similar, it's not as "hefty" as the All Clad made in the USA. I have an AC Grande Griddle, which serves its purpose, and that too is made in China as are some of their less expensive cookware. But I also have a complete of AC cookware made in the US. Wonderful, to say the least

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,959
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Think about featuring American Made Cookware?

On 1/25/2015 millieshops said:

I can well afford all-clad - I just won't. I can imagine if you love your pots and pans, if you maybe have your ego tied up in what you display in your kitchen, those pans are a good buy at any price. For me, the last couple of pans I bought cost less than $10. I have no idea where they were made - I just know they're living well in my kitchen.

On another front - for all those who want to buy only MIA - what happens when the Chinese go to only made in China. Some huge American companies already sell a huge part of what they manufacture to China. Where would they sell it when China closes its trade borders or do you think they'd leave them open? IMO, if we close ours, they'd certainly close theirs.

I have Farberware, Made in the USA. I started buying it when first out on my own and then finished when I realized they were going to outsource. While it was pricey it's not displayed. But every piece I purchased is still in use.

As far as China closing their doors to trade, give me 2 or 3 US companies who export more finished goods to China than they sell in the USA?

Regular Contributor
Posts: 198
Registered: ‎03-17-2010

Re: Think about featuring American Made Cookware?

On 1/25/2015 coffee drinker said:
On 1/25/2015 MScotty said:

Isn't Emeril's cookware All Clad?

Yes, Emeril's cookware is All Clad, but it's made in China. I saw it in a retail store and while it looks very similar, it's not as "hefty" as the All Clad made in the USA. I have an AC Grande Griddle, which serves its purpose, and that too is made in China as are some of their less expensive cookware. But I also have a complete of AC cookware made in the US. Wonderful, to say the least

OK, thanks. Kinda like Lodge, while their cast iron is USA, the enameled line is China.