Esteemed Contributor

Re: The real meaning of ""handpainted"" !

Here we go again....

Esteemed Contributor

Frankly, the painting is so bad on the one and only piece I bought, that I did think they were hand painted with a brush -- by women/children in China making a wage not fit to live on. If they were painted by machine or stencil, I would think they would look better. It doesn't really matter to me. I won't be buying any more.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

On 1/20/2015 sunshine45 said:
On 1/20/2015 gkelly5744 said:
On 1/19/2015 sunshine45 said:

is this really a problem for those who DONT or WONT buy temptations anyways?

<em>hand-painted</em>

Definitions
adjective
<br />
painted by a person rather than a machine, ex: a hand-painted sign

Just another "bash" against Tara & Temp-tations....lol. How would anyone think that TT are being painted piece by piece as many as are being sold??? And the posters that think Tara is always being "misleading"...lol...thanks for the chuckles this morning!!!

i would also think that qvc has a HUGE legal team that is on top of it all that would prevent ANY vendor from saying something that is not true, could not be substantiated, OR was even a downright lie. obviously they dont want any lawsuits OR bad publicity!

Yes, you can bet that nothing goes or nothing said "on air" that isn't true!! not with just Temp-tations but with every product the Q sells!!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, they do say things that aren't true. It's not about Temp-tations because I don't watch that very much, but Rick made a specific untrue statement about a Dell Computer - he said ON AIR, holding a laptop up in his hand, that "this is the latest technology Dell has" - his exact words. I know because I ordered one and tried to cancel when I learned it had an INTEL CELERON PROCESSOR, which is very PROVABLY "OLD" technology, and it's also provable that Dell has much newer technology, it just wasn't in that computer. I refused delivery.

If you want to talk about Temp-tations and what Tara says, fine, maybe it's true and maybe not, and maybe TT is "sort of" handpainted, and maybe not, I don't know, but don't make blanket statements about something you apparently know nothing about. I'll guarantee you that every word spoken on QVC is NOT necessarily the truth, whether intentional or unintentional.

Valued Contributor

On 1/20/2015 kittymomNC said:

Yes, they do say things that aren't true. It's not about Temp-tations because I don't watch that very much, but Rick made a specific untrue statement about a Dell Computer - he said ON AIR, holding a laptop up in his hand, that "this is the latest technology Dell has" - his exact words. I know because I ordered one and tried to cancel when I learned it had an INTEL CELERON PROCESSOR, which is very PROVABLY "OLD" technology, and it's also provable that Dell has much newer technology, it just wasn't in that computer. I refused delivery.

If you want to talk about Temp-tations and what Tara says, fine, maybe it's true and maybe not, and maybe TT is "sort of" handpainted, and maybe not, I don't know, but don't make blanket statements about something you apparently know nothing about. I'll guarantee you that every word spoken on QVC is NOT necessarily the truth, whether intentional or unintentional.

WOW!! you really go out of you way to try to argue with me about anything these days!! I thought it was just TT for a while but lately I see it is just all about YOU wanting a "fight"! sorry once again..not gonna happen!

And sorry, but I don't listen to "hear say" about what a poster says Rick might have/might not have said in an on air presentation. I could get into this "ordering" thing you did but it doesn't matter one way or another.

Have a good day!!

Esteemed Contributor

It was great to see you on the other two threads... just how long has it been since you felt compelled to post anywhere other than here? And then, oddly enough, to show up where I'm posting and make your usual kinds of remarks. There's a word that comes to mind... "sta^king"... that's a no-no. Smiley Says No animated emoticon

But hope you had fun! Smile

Trusted Contributor

On 1/20/2015 Sunshine Kate said:

<em>hand-painted</em>

Definitions
adjective
<br />

Just another "bash" against Tara & Temp-tations....lol. How would anyone think that TT are being painted piece by piece as many as are being sold??? And the posters that think Tara is always being "misleading"...lol...thanks for the chuckles this morning!!!

Tara states the pieces are handpainted. Not true in that sense of the word. Tara is being misleading to sell TT. She brought all this on herself.

I'm not a TT fan, there's much better products on the market.

Yes she is being misleading because there are many people out there that think that they are getting actual hand painted pieces. It is also misleading to compare this junk to those " plain dishes that cost a whole lot more". No comparison by any means.
Valued Contributor

On 1/20/2015 RedHeadedWench said:
On 1/20/2015 Sunshine Kate said:

<em>hand-painted</em>

Definitions
adjective
<br />

Tara states the pieces are handpainted. Not true in that sense of the word. Tara is being misleading to sell TT. She brought all this on herself.

I'm not a TT fan, there's much better products on the market.

Yes she is being misleading because there are many people out there that think that they are getting actual hand painted pieces. It is also misleading to compare this junk to those " plain dishes that cost a whole lot more". No comparison by any means.

All I can say about those that "think" they are getting individual actual hand painted pieces of TT, with thousands of sets being sold during on air presentations...I feel sorry for them! And you are speaking for "all those" customers? Never understood the logic of doing the comparison thing...it's how Q sells the product...comparing the price for ONE piece of bake ware to what a whole set of Temp-tations costs??? what is so misleading about that??? It IS the truth!!

Honored Contributor

Using a spray paint nozzle is painting with your hands. Some people use brushes, others use spray nozzles.

Esteemed Contributor

<em>hand-painted</em>

Definitions
adjective
<br />

IMO she IS always misleading. You can chuckle all you want, but lots of what she says is deceitful and wrong.