Esteemed Contributor

Re: The real meaning of ""handpainted"" !

On 1/20/2015 kittymomNC said:

Yes, they do say things that aren't true. It's not about Temp-tations because I don't watch that very much, but Rick made a specific untrue statement about a Dell Computer - he said ON AIR, holding a laptop up in his hand, that "this is the latest technology Dell has" - his exact words. I know because I ordered one and tried to cancel when I learned it had an INTEL CELERON PROCESSOR, which is very PROVABLY "OLD" technology, and it's also provable that Dell has much newer technology, it just wasn't in that computer. I refused delivery.

If you want to talk about Temp-tations and what Tara says, fine, maybe it's true and maybe not, and maybe TT is "sort of" handpainted, and maybe not, I don't know, but don't make blanket statements about something you apparently know nothing about. I'll guarantee you that every word spoken on QVC is NOT necessarily the truth, whether intentional or unintentional.

You're right.

They always say that what they're offering is the latest technology, and it's been obvious for a long time that it's not true.

They also say they own a sweater in every color, a particular skincare line is the only one they use, etc. etc. I think we've all caught hosts outright lying and vendors stretching the truth. It happens all the time.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/20/2015 gkelly5744 said:
On 1/20/2015 kittymomNC said:

<em>Yes, they do say things that aren't true.</em> It's not about Temp-tations because I don't watch that very much, but Rick made a <em>specific untrue statement</em> about a Dell Computer - he said ON AIR, holding a laptop up in his hand, that <em>"this is the latest technology Dell has"</em> - <em>his exact words.</em> I know because I ordered one and tried to cancel when I learned it had an INTEL CELERON PROCESSOR, which is very PROVABLY "OLD" technology, and <em>it's also provable that Dell has much newer technology, it just wasn't in that computer.</em> I refused delivery.

If you want to talk about Temp-tations and what Tara says, fine, maybe it's true and maybe not, and maybe TT is "sort of" handpainted, and maybe not, I don't know, but don't make blanket statements about something you apparently know nothing about. I'll guarantee you that <em>every</em> word spoken on QVC is NOT necessarily the truth, whether intentional or unintentional.

WOW!! you really go out of you way to try to argue with me about anything these days!! I thought it was just TT for a while but lately I see it is just all about YOU wanting a "fight"! sorry once again..not gonna happen!

And sorry, but I don't listen to "hear say" about what a poster says Rick might have/might not have said in an on air presentation. I could get into this "ordering" thing you did but it doesn't matter one way or another.

Have a good day!!

Tara, is that you? Wow, I don't care about Temptations one way or the other but you really go out of your way to defend this product as if you own the company or have controlling stock in it. If you like it, great, but why do you find the need to defend it to the death. I have never seen anyone on this board so personally insulted over people not like a product as you are. And that includes the Wen boards and those chicks are brutal.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Valued Contributor

On 1/20/2015 brewhaha said:

Using a spray paint nozzle is painting with your hands. Some people use brushes, others use spray nozzles.

Exactly!! People "read" into things what they want to... so sad for those few that have to "nit pic" every little word from one host or presentation and not another...oh well, like I said, another chuckle for the night!!

Respected Contributor

On 1/20/2015 Sunshine Kate said:
On 1/19/2015 sunshine45 said:

is this really a problem for those who DONT or WONT buy temptations anyways?

<em>hand-painted</em>

Definitions
adjective
<br />
painted by a person rather than a machine, ex: a hand-painted sign

Just another "bash" against Tara & Temp-tations....lol. How would anyone think that TT are being painted piece by piece as many as are being sold??? And the posters that think Tara is always being "misleading"...lol...thanks for the chuckles this morning!!!

Tara states the pieces are handpainted. Not true in that sense of the word. Tara is being misleading to sell TT. She brought all this on herself.

I'm not a TT fan, there's much better products on the market.

You should state.."in your opinion" there are better products out there...seems like millions of others DO NOT agree with you on this...sorry but true!!!

It IS my opinion. I just wrote it.

Valued Contributor

On 1/20/2015 qualitygal said:

ohhhhhhhhhhh really? I loved that idea of someone setting there with a little brush and doing each piece. Now my bubble has been burst.

{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}...sounds like you aren't the only one from a few of the other posts here!!!

Honored Contributor

I don't know why she'd say ""hand-painted"" when they really aren't.

Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2015 RedHeadedWench said:
On 1/20/2015 Sunshine Kate said:
On 1/19/2015 sunshine45 said:

is this really a problem for those who DONT or WONT buy temptations anyways?

<em>hand-painted</em>

Definitions
adjective
<br />
painted by a person rather than a machine, ex: a hand-painted sign

Just another "bash" against Tara & Temp-tations....lol. How would anyone think that TT are being painted piece by piece as many as are being sold??? And the posters that think Tara is always being "misleading"...lol...thanks for the chuckles this morning!!!

Tara states the pieces are handpainted. Not true in that sense of the word. Tara is being misleading to sell TT. She brought all this on herself.

I'm not a TT fan, there's much better products on the market.

Yes she is being misleading because there are many people out there that think that they are getting actual hand painted pieces. It is also misleading to compare this junk to those " plain dishes that cost a whole lot more". No comparison by any means.

All I can say about those that "think" they are getting individual actual hand painted pieces of TT, with thousands of sets being sold during on air presentations...I feel sorry for them! And you are speaking for "all those" customers? Never understood the logic of doing the comparison thing...it's how Q sells the product...comparing the price for ONE piece of bake ware to what a whole set of Temp-tations costs??? what is so misleading about that??? It IS the truth!!

Tara always says "each piece is hand painted by an Artisan and therefore each piece will be a little different." Never could figure how that could be done especially on Old World pattern. I like the TT I have, but no plans to buy more. I have enough. I see the line continues to expand with cookware now and also the "liner" item. I bought the other liner they sold late last year and it didn't work in the oven at all. I used it to line under my sink and it worked good for that. Pricey for shelf liner though.

New Contributor

I don't know how anyone could think these are truly "hand-painted" as by an artisan for the price. I've shopped for beautiful china and cookware for years and to get truly artful pieces (such as some Polish ware) you pay high, high prices. Temp-tations suit my taste. I think the colors and patterns are beautiful, especially the Spring colors. And, being an artsy-crafty person myself, I like the variations in tone and slight errors in placement. Perfection would not look "real" to me. I love the look of Temp-tations! Please, stop complaining about the low-cost and decoratively colorful kitchenware that I've been looking for over years and can finaly afford.

Trusted Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Well, however they paint them, they need to work on improving the method. The old world is way to busy for my tastes. I'd prefer the boring white ware.