Valued Contributor

The food items.......$$$$$$$$$$$$

is it me and my imagination but are the food prices on this site OUTRAGEOUS???  If you go to a small corner store butcher he can cut you a fresh filet mignon for nearly half the price. I just shake my head. desserts........thats my secret pleasure but HOLY COW! I will try and find something I can make at home. I guess you are paying for convienence?

Honored Contributor

Re: The food items.......$$$$$$$$$$$$

[ Edited ]

You answered your own question.  The food items are expensive and those of us who buy them do pay for the convenience of having them delivered right to our door.  People know that and what you might consider expensive is not necessarity expensive to someone else.  Some people want something special but they can't or don't want to cook.  Their own home cooked item would not be as good as something they can buy.  I don't buy many food products from QVC, I buy various things for holiday entertaining and it's well worth the money I pay.

Honored Contributor

I expect the higher prices for convenience etc. My issue is I’ve never found any food item that I ordered that special, so the price whatever it is just isn’t worth it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Given the number of food shows that they have these days, it seems that there must be quite a large audience, regardless of the price.

Honored Contributor

To have someone prepare your food, then ship it to you overnight packed in dry ice, is a luxury.  Expect  to pay a premium price.  Or fix it yourself

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I rarely find the taste or quality commiserate with the price but you’re paying for convenience which comes at a price. 

Honored Contributor

Q brings in:

Big names    $

Offers expensive cuts    $

adding Q markup and profit    $

Honored Contributor

I'm too afraid of bacteria and all the folks out there today who are 'lickers' and 'tasters' along the way.

Hot temps are no good

Honored Contributor

I'll do my own cooking as long as I can.  So many local stores and restaurants now do home delivery which to me would be better if you couldn't or did not wish to cook all your meals.  Years ago I tried several items from QVC.  Never reordered any of them and had to get refunds on some as they were not good at all.

Honored Contributor

People tend to get so insulted over pricing.  "Is it me or is ....."    You don't have to justify your purchses or what you pay, neither do others who can afford more.  I am sure there are plenty of others that can afford less than you.