Honored Contributor

I saw this online and I thought it was a good visual for picking the right flavor of tea to match your preferences.

Honored Contributor

Yum! Gotta love tea that tastes like rotting wood, compost and peat 😬

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Afraid DH and the kids would think it's a dart board...............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Currently, my favorite tea is Lady Grey. It's sometimes hard to find.  I had to switch to decaf and it's not as good, but overall, it's still my favorite variety.

~ house cat ~
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

That’s cool thank you @lolakimono 

Respected Contributor

I can see how that is a good thing but for me it's:  

Lady Grey

Earl Grey 

Lemon 

Peppermint. 

That's it and no spice in that lemon.

All decaf because I only drink tea at night.

Honored Contributor

Very interesting @lolakimono.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal 

My list is the same, though I can't drink the lemon all by itself.  I make iced tea every day, using two parts decaf Earl Grey to one part lemon.  I drink the entire two quarts every day.  Peppermint is my after dinner treat just about every evening.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@house_cat   Guess you escaped "unscathed from your hall closet cleaning yesterday--yay for you!  It always feels good to tidy up, doesn't it?

I am also a tea lover.  My favorite is Lavender Earl Grey.  I do like Lady Grey as well.  I am a tea "snob" since I prefer to brew tea leaves.  So far caffeine doesn't bother me, thankfully.  Decaf just doesn't satisfy me in the taste department.  

For many years I have been getting most of my tea from a firm called Culinary Teas.  If you subscribe to their e-mail newsletter today they started an event of 20% off (with a code they provide in the e-mail) and free shipping for $39.00 in purchases now through the 24th of this month.  

Warning for folks that don't like anything related to Christmas in July--this sale is their CIJ promo!  It is the one time in the year when the percentage off is sitewide and one of the few times the minimum for free shipping is this low (usually it is $75.00 I think) and they keep track of how much you spend with them and at a certain threshold some rewards kick in.

They also offer the tea they sell in tea bags, metal canisters, and resealable foil bags in weights of your choice.

They are the only consistent source I've found for blackberry tea which I enjoy.  Other unusual teas and standard blends, herbal, etc. are offered as well.  A few years ago they had a blend that was a tea that George Washington preferred and it was quite good.

They pack carefully and ship fairly quickly.  (I think years ago I posted about them in the Coffee and Tea Lovers subforum here.)

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 

I certainly agree that caffeinated tea has a better flavor, I simply can't tolerate it at this time.  I order my tea from Amazon most often, but I'll enjoy checking out the company your recommended.  It sounds so lovely to brew it from loose leaves, but I never seem to have the time to do that. Does it make that much difference in taste?

~ house cat ~