Honored Contributor

Well that's what it said on the box..got a set of two frying pans at Costco for $32 after $8 off. I am looking for a 2 quart saucepan to go with them.

It's the greyish black exterior like Calphalon with the white interior. I liked the idea of the Green Pan nonstick being healthier and (hopefully) not flaking off. Hopefully that's just not a gimmick.

I looked at Bed Bath and Beyond. No luck. TJ Maxx, no luck. Next stop Kohls. I did find some Green Pan Paris line online, which I assume is a higher end line.

Had Simply Calphalon, it was good but it has seen better days. I don't want a whole set, would never use all that stuff. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

You might check the Costco website just in case. HSN has sold Green Pans in the past. I had the skillets Costco sold a couple of years ago. I have 1 left. I read that nonstick skillets cannot be considered long term cooking vessels if they get regular everyday use as the finish becomes less nonstick or abraded over time. I never used cooking spray or high heat - used them for eggs and grilled sandwiches. The second one will not last a lot longer. 

Respected Contributor

GreenPan is sold here on QVC. They have 3 frying pans and one set on offer now. I'd read the reviews for the set before investing in them further.

I trashed two of mine and replaced them with Curtis Stone's Dura Pan and now the Dura Diamond. So far, so good. I wound up absolutely hating GreenPan because it lost all the nonstick properties and the interior discolored badly. I'll be tossing more as I cull the kitchen. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe I should return them 😯

Respected Contributor

I recommend reading the reviews at Costco dot com.  I would see how things go with the fry pans before I purchased more.

Regular Contributor

Trashed mine, too, @noodleann, because of the staining and also the handle attachment leaked water each time I finished washing it out.... what a pain!!

@Greeneyedlady21 you might want to check out Zwilling Spirit for a great alternative.  On Zwilling's web of course, and also available at BB&B.  Just my two cent offering.

Honored Contributor

@forest4thetrees I think TJ Maxx had that brand. Looks like Calphalon?

Regular Contributor

Sort of.  Mine are stainless on the outside with a non-stick greyish interior.  They don't stick, clean up like magic, and seem to be impervious to whatever I throw at it.  I have the saucepans and saute pans.  DIdn't spring for the 10pc set ($$$) ... but maybe Santa will take pity on me at Christmas!!

Honored Contributor

I had several of Todd English's green pans from HSN.  They got so bad I wouldn't even donate them.  Assuming that is a trademarked name, I would never buy anything labeled "green pan."  It was just recently I tried my first ceramic non-stick.  No more experimenting, I won't buy until the process has been around for awhile. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:

I recommend reading the reviews at Costco dot com.  I would see how things go with the fry pans before I purchased more.

@Greeneyedlady21 further to our conversation on your other thread I would most definitely take @Tigriss's advice and check out the reviews at Costco as the majority of them are not pretty . . . yikes.