Honored Contributor

The one they were showing today looked to be smaller than the original sprayer.  They were 8 oz I think.  That works better for me; however, I noticed when David was spraying the eggplant it was squirting, not spraying like it showed in the video.  Whoever was the vendor doing the live demo was using balsamic vinegar in his "because it shows up better" and it was a nice spray pattern, but balsamc vinegar is thinner and more likely to spray easier than an oil would. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess  I've had the 8 oz. Evo for a several years now. I use it for EVOO. It works well, like the day I received it. I think the spray has to do with how hard you squeeze the trigger. I like the smaller size because I like to clean the sprayer more frequently.

Respected Contributor

I bought it the first time it was presented a few years back. It never worked. It sits on my counter top with olive oil in it with a pop up cap from a grocery item, which has a small opening. I wouldn't order it again. I did like that it was plastic, for safety reasons. The only reason I kept it.

Honored Contributor

About two years ago, I bought an oil sprayer from Amazon. 

The sprayer was only $7 and works like a charm!  That one is no longer available at Amazon ... but check around.  They are really inexpensive.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

About two years ago, I bought an oil sprayer from Amazon. 

The sprayer was only $7 and works like a charm!  That one is no longer available at Amazon ... but check around.  They are really inexpensive.

@ALRATIBA yeah, I know.  The problem is the reviews are all over the place for any of them I've looked at.  If there's going to be a lemon in the bunch, I'll end up with it.  

I had one of the Pampered Chef oil sprayers that you pumped up to use several years ago.  It came with 2 spray heads.  I figured out there was a reason for that.  Eventually, one would stop working and they're impossible to clean out and get working again.  I guess by the time the 2nd head stopped working it's too late to complain to them about it.  Or, you figure why bother, you've gotten your moneys worth out of it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: That EVO Oil Sprayer

[ Edited ]

I used my beloved Kuhn Rikon oil misters for many years, but they finally broke down completely and could not be repaired (and were no longer being sold). I checked into other oil misters and found a couple that worked great and used them for a long time. When I saw the new "trigger sprayers," I just knew they couldn't be as good. But since the Evo offers both a wide and narrow spray area now, I decided to give it a try.

I am SO happy with the Evo! It works beautifully and I'm now that annoying person who talks up these sprayers and gives them to everyone. I was skeptical about paying more than $10 for a sprayer, but it has earned its keep, and my family members and friends are now converts as well. It does take a bit of getting used to with the spray options, but I simply started with a little water in the unit to figure it out. I make a lot of roasted potatoes and veggies, and I really wouldn't want to be without my Evo to coat everything perfectly and easily and with a lot less oil than I was using before. It's also great for stovetop sauteeing and especially for the air fryer. I have one for vegetable oil and one for olive oil, and I'm always stopping myself from getting another for vinegars.

See, there I go with my infomercial pitch...  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

The one I've got, I think it's the 8 oz size, is not worth a hoot.  It squirts and very seldom actually sprays.

Honored Contributor

Whenever I've seen these presented they just never appealed to me.  I cannot help wondering if spraying oil out of a tiny hole would just not work the same as spraying out water, or something more similar to water.  I imagine it being clogged a lot.

Honored Contributor

I bought a set of 2 several years ago when I bought my first air fryer. I have EVO in one & Coconut oil in the other. They work just fine for me.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom 

How are you cleaning and with what?

I have had these since first shown (several years).  Just starting now not to get a good spray.

TIA!