Honored Contributor

Re: Temptations - is this reasonable?

Let us know is you receive a replacement.

Honored Contributor

Certainly NOT!  I would exchange it for being defective ...

sadly, I'm seeing some crazing from the "dishwasher" (I don't cook in them). UGH!!! These are newer pieces Smiley Sad

(I just bought a clearance set of Cooks Essentials Ceramic bakeware how nice they are -- but no design).

Esteemed Contributor

@ohdollypop wrote:

Hi! I’ve recently been gifted a few pieces of Temptations stoneware and really love the way the blue lace floral pattern looks. I ordered one of the centerpiece bowls to complement what o was given. It arrived today and it is evident there is a dark smudge/dot in the clay. I know I might be picky, but it bothers me.  Do you think this is a natural/normal thing to see in this type of stoneware? Am I being unreasonable or would you return?E4119048-4BB8-4368-B614-92B808DA132C.jpeg

@ohdollypop  .... Do yourself a favor & return it & get your money back ....  too many “bad” incidents with Temp-tations 😃

Respected Contributor

@ohdollypop   I am no "potter" but not only is that some kind of flaw but it looks like it could to lead to the potential for a failure of the piece if you use it the way it is advertised to be used.

It is a brand that I no longer trust.  I had some pieces from one Temptations set that I had never used.  They were in a corner upper kitchen cabinet and had developed a spontaneous "craze" all over the inside bottom of each one.

I just don't use any of my pieces from this line for food any longer, not even for storing food in the refrigerator.  And since I don't trust this brand anymore I can't donate them.  The quality control simply has vanished.

So, long story short, at the very least ask for an exchange for this incorrectly coated, fired, damaged piece.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I was fortunate to buy a sealed set from an estate auction.  It must have been from the first era of production as I have had no issues either in the oven or the dishwasher.  I doubt if I will buy more after reading about all the quality issues on the board.

New Contributor

mine is pitted on the inside with big bubbles and unglazed sections and the paint is sloppy  I just sent it back today and hopefully my replacement is better! I love the piece so fingers crossed  Smiley Happy014E84A0-D5DA-417B-9AFD-F375C92436BC.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I have several sets from almost the beginning so they are old.   They are sturdy and good quality.  I haven't ordered any more in the last close to 10 years.  The last I ordered were pale in color and also one set was chipped.  I don't mind watching the presentations, but will not order more.  I donated one set of Old World because it didn't have the handles and I couldn't "handle" that.   (pun intended)   Maybe a younger person would do okay with that type of pan.  Most of my TT are solid color with a raised design.  They have held up very well, but I wouldn't try any now.