Regular Contributor
Yesterday there was an hour of temptations on hosted by Rick Domiar with Tara, of course. They were presenting dinnerware sets for 39.98 for 12 pieces, service for four. A dinner plate, salad plate and bowl. Great price, but 7.50 for shipping. I would want to get three sets, but didn’t want to pay for shipping. My husband said to get it regardless of shipping. I was going to get the woodland design in either the white or slate blue, but they both “sold out”. When I saw it was free shipping during itkwd, I decided to do the carved willow in white, three sets. Well, wouldn’t you know during the temptations two hour show last night, there it was, the dinnerware set for $69.00 with 7.50 shipping. I missed the presentation, but when looking back is when I saw it. Guess what was also available and somehow not sold out anymore? If you guessed the white or slate blue woodland sets, you would be right. 😡 It’s a miracle!!! As you can see, I’m not to happy about that. Not that I don’t like the design I picked, but why do that to your loyal customers? Just needed to vent and say how disappointing.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Temptations dinnerware sets

[ Edited ]

I think that they alot certain numbers of  a particular item at special pricing then say it's " sold out " . Have seen this where the next show they have the item again  in quantities.  Maybe they do this to give various Hosts a crack at a special priced item to boost their sales .

Some say  that items bounce back because people just put items in their cart but don't complete the transaction .

Regular Contributor

I’ve heard that too. I’m sure people bought them in last nights show too, not knowing about earlier. I know it’s a sale tactic too, it’s just frustrating. I’m sure I’m not the first one to experience this and I won’t be the last. Just needed to vent. Thanks for listening and responding.
Esteemed Contributor

@Poohbear52 - I agree with what @skatting44 said; that has been what I've noticed in the past with many different types of items sold at QVC that have options in color, pattern, size, and so forth. As for shipping, of course we all want free shipping all the time, but I'm an ebay seller and can tell you that the actual shipping cost for a set of ceramic dinnerware would be $20 or more (depending on how far it has to travel), so $7.50 is a great deal. Of course, QVC receives discounts due to shipping in bulk, but it is likely they still pay more than $7.50 to get heavy items like this to customers.

Regular Contributor

Of course I want free shipping all the time, who doesn’t? It’s just not possible on every website. I know it costs to ship stuff, and it’s great when there is free shipping offered. It was a nice surprise to get it during David’s show. The price of the sets were a good price even with paying 22.50 for shipping for three sets. That isn’t my issue. My issue was the patterns I wanted were supposedly sold out by the time I was ready to order them within the one hour show. Then in last nights two hour show of temptations, they weren’t sold out. By that time, the price was back to the normal price, on top of the shipping. I’m always looking for a good deal, who isn’t? Plus, like I said in my other post, my husband said to buy the sets before the pattern sells out and pay for the shipping because it’s a good deal. I do sell things on eBay myself, it may not be dishes, but the price of shipping for even clothing isn't cheap either.
Honored Contributor

I liked the pure white set that had some raised trees and snowflakes on it. Would look nice all through Christmas and winter. I was getting dressed for church so I couldn't watch the whole presentation. The big bowls are what I liked on all the choices.

Super Contributor

I bought a set years ago. Then I read where it said don't soak the dishes in water. That doesn't work for me so I didn't use them. DD didn't use them either at her place. I still have them in a bin somewhere.