Valued Contributor

This is the second baking dish that I have, that gets dark like marks throughout that almost make me think it would crack and just break apart in the middle of a meal. I threw away the first one after using it several times with the dark marks. I'm contemplating throwing this one away as well, for fear of it falling apart in the oven or while pulling out of the oven. Anyone else know what I'm talking about and what do you think about it?

Honored Contributor

I have read (on here) of several complaints about Temptaions.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Temptations defect?

[ Edited ]

after reading so many negative reviews, i threw out all my Temptations before i had a bad experience.....using my 50 year-old trustworthy Pyrex and Corningware...they still look brand new!

Super Contributor

I had two temptations do the same thing.  One of them was hardly used.  I'm done with temptations until they start making them in the USA.

Respected Contributor

@KACEE1115  I did not purchase when this line started but around 2012 or so I started to buy sets from this line.  I thought they were nice. 

After a few years I noticed the decline in quality.  

Some pieces from later sets that I had never used and had just put in a kitchen cabinet had fine lines/crazing and after reading horror stories about breakage in the oven, etc.  I stopped using them and stopped buying  them.

I never soaked them or "shocked" them when I handwashed them and never put them in the dishwasher since I didn't have one.

I would never recommend this brand to anyone.   I have never had problems like this from purchases of that boring "whiteware" such as Corning even though that is not as well made as it was decades ago.

The concept is good but the execution and quality control just isn't there for this line,  in my opinion.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Trusted Contributor

@Catastrophe wrote:

I had two temptations do the same thing.  One of them was hardly used.  I'm done with temptations until they start making them in the USA.

Based on that statement my guess is you are done buying Temptations permanently..

Products made in the USA can be problematic as well so just because something is made in the USA does NOT mean it will be of better quality.  It mostly means it will just cost more.

Valued Contributor

@aroc3435 Thanks for the information, I had not seen that they broke in the oven. I totally believe it. How scary, I will throw this one away immediately. My fear is it will break when I'm handling it out of the oven. Done!

Respected Contributor

Yes.  I've had the same problem.  There has been several threads about this.

Esteemed Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

@aroc3435 Thanks for the information, I had not seen that they broke in the oven. I totally believe it. How scary, I will throw this one away immediately. My fear is it will break when I'm handling it out of the oven. Done!

@KACEE1115   I would throw it away, too.  Anytime I see a crack in dishes, I think of all the bacteria that could be in there.  I have never bought TT and never will because of all the horror stories I have read.  Still use my good ole Corningware that is old as the hills!  Not a crack in it.